TimW

With the RBRR steaming upon me I have decided to make a new fuel tank for the GT6 so that i can incorporate the fuel pump inside the tank.  First pic is the cardboard template, 2nd and 3rd pic is the ali template tack welded together.  More pics to follow later today once I have punched the 3rd prototype.

Looks good Tim, I take it you are going to have baffles in it??? I'm sure a few people would be interested in these. ESPECIALLY IF  it has the original carb take off's and sender holes as well as the EFI one. That way people who need a new tank but want to change to EFI at a later date can have there cake and eat it.

Chris.

not finished yet but soon, real soon!  well maybe Monday :B  I cant believe the amount of time it takes to mock up in card, draw, mock up again in ali, measure, alter, mock up tack weld, trial fit, alter, mock up again with slight changes, measure, draw .  I'm sure you get the message!

Thanks for the great comments guys!!

I don't know how much it will hold yet.  It's a bit of a strange shape to try and calculate.  I will soon know because it's now fitted in the car and should have fuel in it by tomorrow. 8)  Just to let yu know Chris we calculated your tank capacity at 35 litres 8) 8)

I had the guys draw this tank during it's design and construction so I will be able to make them to order. ;)

More pics tomorrow

Won't the drawing package calculate the volume for you?  When I worked as an estimator for an investment foundry I used to have to calculate the volume of all kinds of odd shaped objects so as to work out the material weight.  That looks fairly straightforward by comparison to some of the weird things the Bennetton boys used to send in!

Looks like a very nice thing.  Perhaps we need to develop a long-range Vitesse tank to go under the rear deck....... though I might stick an LPG tank there instead!

Nick