Just sent this to all entrants, however many seem to have not informed us about new e-mail addresses:

Hi all,

Many thanks for attending the RBRR Drivers Meeting on Sunday, it was the largest attendance ever, so thanks for making the effort.

I believe many took the oppurtunity to use the drive over as shake down test of their car, a good idea. Think one or two may now be undertaking last minute repairs.

Please see attached the following documents:

1. RBRR Advice Notes

2. CWC Charity Pledge form

3. Bulletin that lists the Control opening times for anyone not doing the event who may wish to visit a Control.

Many thanks to Mike Weaver for pointing out the problem with the M48 Severn Road bridge. This looks like it will be shut over the weekend of the event, so a different route should be plotted. Nigel Abdullah has come up with these two suggestions:

'I have researched the M48 Severn River Crossing & it is definitely closed over weekend of RBRR.
Suggestions are:

1.  Continue on route until reaching M48 at junction 2 & then follow diversion which takes vehicles to J23a of M4 where they will need to do a 180, then exit onto M49 at junction 22, joining the M5 at J18.
This adds approx. 9 miles but may be favourable in case the closure is not on for some reason.
It also means use of one of the best roads on the RBRR.

2. Take the A449 instead of going to Monmouth, which joins the M4 at J24, exit at J22, join M5 at J18.
This works out approx. 6 miles less, but not such good roads!

I know which I’d to choose.
Hope useful.'

I will be including within the Final Instructions details of as many roadwork issues, these will be taken from the Highway Agency's website. Remember that most Road Closures are undertaken at night or at weekends to minimise delays. The 'Finals' will be given out at the start.

Stickers: as Jason mentioned, please put these onto the car in the following positions:

CT RBRR Sticker: Front Doors

CWC Sticker: Rear Door or Rear Wing

CT RBRR Outline Sticker: Rear Panel

When sticking to the car use slightly soapy water and a clean rag, this does work! Polish the panel before sticking them onto the car. Have to say this, but the Club will not be held responsible for any paint damage that is caused by these stickers. Please note that these stickers are designed for sticking onto car paint and are low tack. Only one team/car has ever had issues with paint problems out of the 873no that have completed the event.

Tina and Andy Lacey will be at the start seling CT product, including RBRR 2012 tee shirts. I am sorry that we have not produced polo shirts for this RBRR, when we asked around the impression was formed that round neck tee shirts were wanted. I intend to ask Andy Martin to produce a generic RBRR polo shirt after the event for sale in the near future.

Please forward this e-mail to your co-drivers.

I may well send out another e-mail next week.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND ANY ENTRY REVISIONS TO JASON CHINN AS SOON AS KNOWN. chinn@ntlworld.com

Right, see you on the 5th!

Tim

CT RBRR

timbancroft61 wrote:
  Only one team/car has ever had issues with paint problems out of the 873no that have completed the event.
[/b]

If you are referring to mine, the paintwork had been subject to a poor respray and the lacquer coat was already failing so it came off with the stickers. Since the subsequent respray CT stickers have been on and off a number of times with no issues.

Personally I much prefer the stickers to the tie on plaques (10CR last year)

Cheers

H

timbancroft61 wrote:
  Only one team/car has ever had issues with paint problems out of the 873no that have completed the event.

If you are referring to mine, the paintwork had been subject to a poor respray and the lacquer coat was already failing so it came off with the stickers. Since the subsequent respray CT stickers have been on and off a number of times with no issues.

Personally I much prefer the stickers to the tie on plaques (eg 10CR last year)

Cheers

H

eeerm me too - several times over  :-/

2006 - Gertie - her paint was pretty buggered back then anyway.

2008 - 2.5PI - pulled paint clean off front pass door - one that I had hurriedly blown over not long before the event

2010 - Sprint - pulled laquer off n/s/r door. I never realised there was laquer on there before then - a very expensive accident repair some 10-15 years ago. (o/s/r door had same paint applied at same time and was fine)

In both cases, the stickers had remained on car for 6 months plus following the events.

So in summary, if you have good original paint, then I suspect you will have no probs.  if you have had quality work done in the past then you will also prob be ok.  If you have tired, repaired paint then be prepared to lose a bit.

Colin scrapman has suffered sticker rash before now - his paint was also pretty tired

MikeyB wrote:
eeerm me too - several times over  :-/
If you have tired, repaired paint then be prepared to lose a bit.

Colin scrapman has suffered sticker rash before now - his paint was also pretty tired

Just think of it as a battle scar to be displayed with pride  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

although I may not be so happy if it happens to me  :o

mikew wrote:

Just think of it as a battle scar to be displayed with pride  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

oh I wasn't too bothered as none of my cars are mint - it just told me that part of the paintwork needed re-doing again properly!

I suspect those who take their stickers off soon after the event will reduce the risk of paint damage

Tim says:  CT RBRR Outline Sticker: Rear Panel

Just been trying to find a place for this on the rear panel of the Stag - decided it just won't fit anywhere, where are you other Stag boys putting yours? 8)

I had this same problem with the CT sticker on the 10CR and that ended up on the bumper chrome

Regarding "missing" emails - each entry form should have had an email address on it from the main entrant, some had co-driver's email addresses but most didn't, we only really want one email address per crew, you're supposed to talk to each other :-) A few entrants have said they didn't get the email but when I investigated they were actually co-drivers. I can add in extra emails no problem but people do have to tell me what they are.

jason

i havent had many emails relating to the RBRR 2012 but did provide the correct address when i first entered.

ive had nothing in recent months. is there a problem?

i have emailed you separately with a correction on the entry list and re confirmed my email address.

Sean Bradley Team 71

Sean, we've got the right email address for you and I've responded to your direct email and PM today - check your spam filter as often when an email is sent to multiple addresses the mail server things it's spam and doesn't deliver it direct to your inbox - Sky is especially good at this as are a lot of "work" email servers.