Who's got what to do for 2018 ?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it will be the Stag rather than the TR6, I want a bit more comfort this time, so

Clutch to renew
New fuel lines
re build carbs
Overdrive to fix but guessing its only low oil
New battery
Get co driver to recover from back surgery

There's always the 6 if the Stag doesn't make it!

I still have:
- fit wiring loom
- fit all lights, instruments, etc.
- fit alternator
- fit seats
- refurbish and fit fuel tank
- refurbish and fit dash top
- refurbish and fit windscreen frame
- track down the missing wiper motor and fit it
- fit remaining coolant hoses, heater valve, etc.
- track down a set of choke, heater and other cables
- fit door internals and windows
- fit boot lid
probably other stuff too.

Quoted from Steve28
Im gonna MOT  the 1500TC next week so thats me way ahead of myself for a change 🙂

Well i took the 1500TC for the MOT today and it passed but only after putting on the headlights  to then have the n/s inner blow but fortunately i had one in the boot, a quick change and i got the pass so for a change im ready 11 months in advance instead of leaving everything to the last week.
But...... we are now also getting the KYNKI toledo back on the road as we plan on taking two cars in 2018 🙂

Quoted from Saltddirk
Just bought a (the) car for the event....if SWMBO allows it and I can persuade Shaun it's a good idea....
One year is plenty for us to get it ready, in fact it would not be fun if the car was ready more than a week in advance. Some of us like pushing the outside of the envelope.

D

Now that is naughty. You can't just tease us....
We want to know.
Besides, Shaun is easy. Sit him down with a beer, and job done.

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from Stuart Wilson
Think my to do list looks something like this,

Check levels
Check tyres
Wash
Clean windows
Fill with fuel
 😎

Seriously though I'm going to look at getting the seats overhauled, doesn't have to be done but will make it a little more comfortable.

Due to unforeseen circumstances last night the TR now needs slightly more work before it's ready for the RBRR. A quick look it now needs

steering rack
o/s wing
n/s wing
o/s door skin
o/s sill -- possibly outer and inner

ten months to get it ready or replace it

Owwww   a Gloria  

"Between 1933 and 1938 Triumph made a large and confusing range of Gloria sporting saloons, coupes, tourers, 2-seater sports cars, drophead coupes and golfer's coupes. All these Glorias, apart from the final two models ( 1.5-Litre Saloon and Fourteen Six-Light Saloon) were powered by 4 or 6 cylinder Coventry Climax "

So we still don't know which one it is, or what engine it will have.... 😀

Richard is closest
Not a 6 cylinder though, my finances don't stretch that far, more mundane 4 cylinder Southern Cross.
But dont get the expectations too high,1. it's not in the country yet, let hope the snow has melted enough to collect her today and deliver on thursday
2, needs to be registered and taxed in Belgium first, DVLA is being cross and has not yet send the new paperwork, without these I can not import and register in Belgium
3. Need to be driven first, see if it will be doable I know that she will be able to obtain the average speed we need, but can the same be said about the driver and co driver? this is not a comfy Renown, nor can it accommodate a team of 3....

If all that fails it will be the back up car, the Spitfire...
Read all about it in the next edition of Club torque, available from any good bookstore near to you soon!

LOL
D