Tim's 2nd RBRR and I think it's safe to say the event is in good hands after being handed over from Derek Pollock after the 2002 run.

He's a modest guy and doesn't like getting praise for something he thinks he's expected to do. From my point of view he's a top bloke and I think I speak for everyone when I say Thanks for organising and putting so much of your own time in to THE best UK based Triumph driving event...

Thanks obviously go to the people behind the scenes as well, Nigel Abdullah for writing the roadbook, James Carruthers for designing the layout of the roadbook and the stickers, all of the marshalls around the country, Lou & Mick Callighan and all the staff at the Plough for welcoming us for the drivers meeting, start and finish, Dave Pearson and Canley Classics for hosting the northern drivers meeting and so many others who have given help along the way... But let's not forget, you guys taking part... if it weren't for you and the camaradarie, the event wouldn't be what it is, so thanks to all of you for taking part.

It's true to say we really have a gem of an event in the RBRR. Roll on 2008.

Tim  Yes thanks to you and all the team. As TRNutter says it all. You don`t  believe what camaraderie is around until you do something like this. Everyone is there for everyone. I learnt a lot about my car which it was partly about.and enjoyed the whole event. I also learnt a lot about my co-driver but say no more!!!. It was all more than well worth while. Some of the roads well fantastic. Thank you all again. Malc.

Huge thanks to Tim and Team who make the event possible, huge thanks to the particpants who make  the event err eventful :-)
It was good to put faces to names, nice to finally meet McJim - twice.
BIG thanks to my co-driver Andy Cook who stepped up to the mark when my carefully and extensively prepared car failed at his house! With 20 mins of preparation on his Saffron GT6 (a colour forever referred to as nappy cack yellow) performed flawlessly around - I'm pleased to say Andy will be joining CT for more of the same.
Now all that's left is to recover my car from Andy's house and start taking it apart to see exactly what went wrong! I will then be signing up for the next event to exorcise the demons - I feel a new T shirt coming on :-)

Well done Tim and the army of helpers. The best Triumph event bar none continues to thrive and get better every time. The RBRR comes like a shot in the arm every two years, can it be possible to get any more enthusiastic about driving Triumph's? Yes it can, and this is it!!!!!!!!
Tim get yourself to the qwacks and get that eye sorted, looked nasty?

Massive thanks to Tim and all the marshals and people behind the scenes for a fantastic event. Huge thanks to everyone that helped us when we broke down (more than once). Arrived home 3.30 am this morning safe and sound, going back bed now. Thanks guys its been epic.

As a relative newcomer to CT this was the first time I involved myself in the RBRR, marshalling at Ashburton.

You get an idea for the enthusiasm for the event through this forum, but nothing prepares you for the huge wave of cameraderie & enjoyment that pervades the whole event.

The sight of all those Triumphs lined up in the Dartmoor Lodge car park will live long in my memory, the good humour of the tired crews, the willingness to help each other out & the determination to FINISH was amazing.

From Tim, Nigel & the crews down to people like me who just put in a few hours to help, everyone should be proud to be involved. Events like this really are what makes CT stand out from other clubs. Well done everyone, however you contributed.

I'd just like to add thanks to Tim and all others who contributed to making this such a thoroughly enjoyable challange (you may be unnamed but you know who you are) from Malcolm and myself.  Great event that we both thoroughly enjoyed.  Preparation for RBRR08 starts today.

Tim, you seemed a bit down as well as exhausted at The Plough last night, but when your eye and TARJ are fixed you can reflect on another success.  Although you were concerned about some glitches that took place, these were minor and can be easily fixed.  I thought RBRR06 had moved on from RBRR04 and was an improvement and a great achievement.  Thanks very much

Chris

I too would like to add my thanks to all those goodly souls who helped run this outstanding event. As you breeze through various places on the run it`s easy not to think about the time and effort so many people put in in order that you can do so. I feel privileged to be a member of a club with so many such people and even more privileged to be able to take part in what I have always considered (since 1980 anyway) to be simply THE BEST motoring event of ANY kind ANYWHERE.
  As I dropped my co-driver off after the event, now feeling slightly smug that I hadn`t had any problems with the car, I indicated left to pull out of the end of the road and the switch detonated sending bits down the column causing the horn to sound continually and a nasty burning smell to pervade the car! I disconnected the horn and indicator wires and drove home giving hand signals, grateful that it hadn`t happened earlier on the run.

Team 77 - GTB 934K. Again a big thank you to all involved in organising and running this event. Absolutely superb! Even though we had plenty of problems with the car we finished and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Many thanks to the very patient marshalls when we were running late yet again, especially Goodwood who waited while we attempted to fix yet another water leak on the side of the M27. Top event! Roll on RBRR 2008.

Team 87 thanks you Tim. It was a great event for us as newbies.  The organisation was brilliant and this allowed us to simply enjoy the event.

To arrange such a massive event as this and sort out all the logistics really is something.  For one person to do so much of it, unpaid, is just amazing.

Three cheers for Tim. ;D

Tim, Nigel and everyone who put this event together is deserving of all the praise that forum members and participants in the event have been heaping upon them.
Only they and the band of unsung heroes that have been out and recced roads, turned out and marshalled, made sandwiches and coffee and the done hundred and one other thinga that are required to make this a success, know just what hard work it has been.
We, the lucky ones, just have to pay our entrance fee, fettle the car and turn up! Hats off to you all, what a FANTASTIC event.

Thanks very much for the umm, thanks!

Bit disappointed this time as I could not get to Oswestry and Ashburton- both stops that needed a fair amount of work on by me and the Marshals. Also missed the Scottish and Welsh roads, very disappointed about Wales as the route from Os. to Hereford was my suggestion, I just love the road through the Forest of Dean.

However the route was originally designed by one of the originators of the RBRR, Les Mills and has been modified by Derek, Nigel and me.

We (Thats me and Nigel) will be recce'ing the whole route next October- a 4 day trip is planned.

Loads of lessons have been learnt, the start still needs mods, one or two of the stops will have to change, and I think we have reached the limit on the number of cars/crews that can be catered.

I must say that all the thanks has made it all worthwhile and I look forward to organising the 2008 RBRR.

A brilliant event.  Many thanks to Tim and to all the others involved in the organising and marshalling.

Ok, so there were a couple of minor hiccups - but nothing to spoil our enjoyment of the RBRR 2006.  Roll-on RBRR 2008 and I for one am glad to hear you are organising it again Tim  ;D

Malcolm.

One big heaping THANKS to Tim for the event and the warm welcome he gave this old American and the things he did for me.  Anouther big heaping thanks for all who made this possible.  One big thanks to Jason (and his family) for picking me up, putting me up, putting up with me and getting me out of the country!  And of course the biggest thanks to Ashley Mills and Peter Wenzel who took me on as part of their team. Anouther big thanks to all the teams who made me feel welcome and included. 

Ok how many are going to thank Jason for getting me out of the country?  :'(

Archived