The route goes within 20 meters of my front door.
Give my wife a wave, she'll be outside the George & Dragon in Sutton Courtenay (Yellow pub on right).
I have spent her beer money on petrol for the run, that's why she'll be outside !!

Which part of the route did people enjoy most?I realise the rain meant the views in scotland werent up to the usual standard but if you could go out tomorrow and drive one bit again which would you choose?
Personally I always enjoy the JOG to Conon bridge,However I did enjoy the southern part and I live so close to those roads I could use them all the time....but dont, what a waste!

We were one!  IMHO the route from via Didcot and beyond was a genious stroke by the organisers.  On my previous RBRRs the last stretch including M25 was the low point of the Event - last few hours to drive, all feeling tired stuck on one of the worst roads in the UK - no thanks!

Well done whoever designed this years route from Pimperne to home - yes it was relatively complex, and the speed bumps were a pain but it was a good drive, there were ways of cutting corners to make up time and the M25 miles were minimised - please keep it in!

I think that if so many people had not been running behind this year and feeling tired after the bad weather then there would probably not have been so many negative feelings about this stretch?

Agreed,

The route from Didcot was far preferable to the M25, the only issue was the speed bumps, if the basic route could be ammended slightly to bypass the "kipping cops" then I think it should be used again in 2010.

The A40 stretch was unbelieveably quiet on Subday evening, had a nice chase with an RX8 along that stretch.....

We made up a route from Didcot but it was along the same lines, according to the sat nav we took the most direct route. This included the centre of Amersham, but was very quiet. Although we confused the white TR6 following us by getting off the M40 miles from the M25 and cutting across.

We got overexcited after the 'Gone in 60 seconds' stop at Didcot and manage to get briefly lost :B I too felt the last part was taxing, but then we got into the groove with the navigation and were really enjoying the last section- it stirred the brain cells into action just when it was needed :).

We did the didcot to the plough route as in the road book following Nigel Gair and crew.
I drove that bit and really enjoyed it,admittedly the bumps were high and many of them, but that aside great roads.

Couldnt see Mrs Keith outside the pub though did you slip her a couple of quid for a drink ? :)

GT6boy wrote:
We got overexcited after the 'Gone in 60 seconds' stop at Didcot and manage to get briefly lost :B I too felt the last part was taxing, but then we got into the groove with the navigation and were really enjoying the last section- it stirred the brain cells into action just when it was needed :).

That was a great stop. Exiting the car at speed. Steve turning the car around while roadbook was beeing signed, and then enter car at speed agaig and gunning out of parkinglot.  Fab 8)

Would have been much cooler if we had exited in the right direction(dizzy)(clown)(whistle)

Cheers
Nick

Archived