Progress on entrants cars

Raider

Car 3 - The Big Red Bus (with a bit of black)

Well, the new seats are in and new seat belts all round, oil cooler is mounted and pipe length measured, just need to get out and get them. New tyres sourced and will be fitted Monday if I get time or Tuesday if not. Compass now reads North when pointing North... the question is, does it change when the car changes direction (will report back).

Also still to do...
New dissie to be fitted
Heavy duty spring to be fitted
Oil change
Spot lights... hmmmm, bit worried about cooling restrictions.
New stereo to be fitted

Busy few days, but more cosmetic than anything else...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team 38
Been up farm again (Canley Classics), got engine & gearbox in, the triple carbs and radiator in, bit of tiding up here & there - even had time for a beer  :P Tomorrow Daves going to fit dash, all the electrical & make an exhaust to fit manifold, fit petrol tanks, spotlights and book it in for MOTon Tuesday & just in case a retest on Thursday morning  :o Then he can make a bonnet, fit roof & boot to Team 39's car & all Dave can say is panicing is for puffs!

Team 38
Been up farm again (Canley Classics), got engine & gearbox in, the triple carbs and radiator in, bit of tiding up here & there - even had time for a beer  :P Tomorrow Daves going to fit dash, all the electrical & make an exhaust to fit manifold, fit petrol tanks, spotlights and book it in for MOTon Tuesday & just in case a retest on Thursday morning  :o Then he can make a bonnet, fit roof & boot to Team 39's car & all Dave can say is panicing is for puffs!

Shed gearbox swapped sat.Taxi died on the North circ Friday thought at worst I had done a Head gaskey but she went again! Now has more fans than a Robbie Williams concert,still have problem with shed going to try a different fuel pump tommorow,Taxi is at Dales being tuned then have to do all the minor stuff on both cars

Shed gearbox swapped sat.Taxi died on the North circ Friday thought at worst I had done a Head gaskey but she went again! Now has more fans than a Robbie Williams concert,still have problem with shed going to try a different fuel pump tommorow,Taxi is at Dales being tuned then have to do all the minor stuff on both cars

Fair play Andy- attempting to get two cars ready for this event, is a great achievement, especially considering that one has been sitting in a lock up for years!

Spoke to Andy Mac. who has lobbed a V8 EFi into the 'Worksalike', having problems with overheating- knowing him he will sort.

Been some mammoth re-builds for this event! Hats off to everyone!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1111309471,s=199 date=1125874320]Fair play Andy- attempting to get two cars ready for this event, is a great achievement, especially considering that one has been sitting in a lock up for years!

Spoke to Andy Mac. who has lobbed a V8 EFi into the 'Worksalike', having problems with overheating- knowing him he will sort.

Been some mammoth re-builds for this event! Hats off to everyone![/quote]

And keep a job and look after a 7 month old baby and stay with the misus!

Right nearly there i think, cigarette lighters have been fitted, driving lights are now on and working, and with the use of a 3-way switch can come on independantly of the dipped/full beams, or come on with the full beams. I know they're pretty close together on the bumper, but i didn't want to put any more holes in the car, and i'll prob be taking them off after the 10CR.

Hopefully all that I need to do now is get the spare wheel balanced as at the moment it has no weights on it, and pick up a fridge from a friend tomorrow, and wire it in. Then it's just a case of filling the boot up with spares tools and fluids, maybe taking some clothing for myself if there is any room left, and then heading to the plough thursday morning.

No vibes I'm afraid except the gorgeous noise of a six cylinder exhaust note blown through a Witor stainless steel box- you do not need music (I say that with some thought as I love music).

The name 'Dreadnought' came about from a number of things:
1. Spent a bizarre Saturday night in a hotel on the La Carrera Caledonia called 'The Dreadnought Hotel' So memorable and weird! Even Jim McGuinness was perplexed!
2. HMS Dreadnought is the only battleship to have sunk a German U Boat- Battle of Jutland 1916. Hope to chase a few German BMW and Mercs down with this car.
3. Its grey- same as a battleship.
Apols for the self indulgence.

No vibes I'm afraid except the gorgeous noise of a six cylinder exhaust note blown through a Witor stainless steel box- you do not need music (I say that with some thought as I love music).

The name 'Dreadnought' came about from a number of things:
1. Spent a bizarre Saturday night in a hotel on the La Carrera Caledonia called 'The Dreadnought Hotel' So memorable and weird! Even Jim McGuinness was perplexed!
2. HMS Dreadnought is the only battleship to have sunk a German U Boat- Battle of Jutland 1916. Hope to chase a few German BMW and Mercs down with this car.
3. Its grey- same as a battleship.
Apols for the self indulgence.

00:20 Shed has had some wires thrown at it an now has a relay for main beam/spots and one for the aux cooling fan
constant fuel to the carbs which seems to have fixed the misfire/lack of what little power it has,and a plan b elecy fuel pump mounted for a speedy swap....ah the start line is in sight!

Good stuff Tim...

Stereo is in and working.
Oil cooler fitted (and got it right first time - no leaks after 45 minutes of running !!)

Rear springs and final tuning to sort out.

Still can't fit the spots as I've been let down by Cibie with the mounts (I have a mount missing from one of my Oscars).

The "alternative" plan for team 45 to go V8 convertible in the form of stag has failed miserably due to the lack of steel in one sill... not something I felt able to fix in 4 days.. so we are back to the original plan.

2.5Pi as seen on RBRR has gained a high torque starter (it broke after 1 day) so I wouldnt buy one of them again, elec ignition, new cap, arm and HT leads, new rear shocks, new bottom arm bushes and bottom balljoints.
And it still runs like a bag of old nails!

We now have the adaptors to use LPG abroad--- now just need to find LPG filling stations on route - any ideas??

Tracking has been reset, as the wheels were pointing in opposite directions and it was handling like a dolomite after the bushes were swapped (must have been very worn!!)

Swapped to Jag headlamps and relayed and fused the supply so hopefully we'll see the wild boar in advance this time!

Picked up a few nice grippy yokos today so they should be fitted tomorrow. SAT NAV and GPS speedo seems unlikely to go ahead as nowhere will sell me one in time. Oh and now have a nice braided oil pressure feed in an attempt to stop it leaking.

Rough running, rear seat belts (are these a legal necessity?) and kenlow failing to keep temp under control left to fix! We have a day left!!!!!

Team 45

Archived