Entry Opens for the 2007 Event

Ellis

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoted from thescrapman
Don't forget, you can always do a 'Jason' and change an important detail with 45 minutes to go.

It was like a well oiled machine, Andy was phoning the Insurance company to put me on his policy as I was texting Mr B to say "slight change of plan".

Anyway Don - you, with a co-driver? Surely not!

ho hum! id absoloutley love to do this but i have a few herdles........1. insurance, iv got limited milage (they wont give me an unlimited milage policy to me:() so i would also need a slightly older co driver so it wouldnt effect it at all, but i think id struggle to be a co pilot aswell as im guessing it would shove their premium up a fair bit......hmmmmmmmm can anyone offer me some advice? doug how did katie go about doing the rbrr? or if theirs somebody there with anyone insured on their trump and is after a co pilot im here !;D

I went to peter taylor and got her put on  my policy for an extra £90.fully comp..we do have a limited milage of 3000 at the mo but can up it to 5000 later for a bit of extra cash [quoted me £40 at the time but said leave it till nearer the 3000 and it'll end up cheaper]
She does have the use of another car as well which helps ,,puts it way up if it was her daily driver

It would be quite wrong of me to suggest that a disconnected speedo could solve one of your problems, so I won't.

Vitesse will be out after Christmas, I think the HCR may be a good shakedown run - not that I like all that non-GPS navigating stuff but maybe I can partner up with someone who can read a map? 10CR - I'll get an entry in, might not be the Vitesse though, I'm concerned about the PI at altitude. Whilst I can figure out how to compensate and maybe even modify the MU I can't really test it. Will give it some thought and also find a team!

lol jase, id never even think about disconecting the speed cable!;) bad man! although you would then not know how many miles youve done.........unless you have a sat nav on all the time which does it for ya?

still doesnt really solve the big insurance pig, although by the sounds of from what doug said, it probably would cost that much to get on someone elses car if its only for a week or whatever hmmmmm anyone need a young co driver ;):P go oooon u know you do ;)

Why do you need to know how many miles you've done? It's all in the name of fun...

Just find a friend and co-drive with them - as long as they're the same age or older there's no problem - it doesn't cost anything but the admin fee to add them on.

If you want to be a co-driver - it'll work out more expensive - if the insurance company kicks up a fuss and won't let you only be a named driver for a week then you're looking at £400 or more.

When I added JohnD and Vin to my insurance for the RBRR, it only cost the admin charge to permenantly add them to the policy, which covers both the Acclaim and Spitfire.  If I only wanted them adding for the RBRR, then it would have cost an additional £16 plus the admin fee.  Strange places these insurance companies.

I think I've got about 6 named drivers on my classic policy now, covering 3 cars fully comp and unlimited mileage. Last year it was just under £200... Not bad really, but then I am an old fart (but not as old as Bancroft - hee hee hee).

Quoted from Jony5 lol jase, id never even think about disconecting the speed cable!;) bad man! although you would then not know how many miles youve done.........unless you have a sat nav on all the time which does it for ya?

I saw an earkly TR once at LeMans, had a second speedo in a plate under the dash, with a large sticker on teh orginal speedo saying 'DO NOT EXCEED xxxxx MILES ON THIS SPEEDO'

Bit of a give away if there had been an accident!

Quite a few people broke speedo cables on the RBRR, so a broken cable is quite feasible.

:-)

Colin

Quoted from TR7Nutter I think I've got about 6 named drivers on my classic policy now, covering 3 cars fully comp and unlimited mileage. Last year it was just under £200.

Is that a Footman James policy?  I've got 7 cars and 2 named drivers (unlimited mileage) for about 500 quid.  Prior to this figure, I took off another names driver (low risk) and premium dropped £140.  Thought any number over two was pricey?

Quoted from MikeyB Is that a Footman James policy?  I've got 7 cars and 2 named drivers (unlimited mileage) for about 500 quid.  Prior to this figure, I took off another names driver (low risk) and premium dropped £140.  Thought any number over two was pricey?

It's never affected mine. I've just planned for the year and added new drivers at renewal so I didn't get stitched with the admin fee either... and yes, it is Footman James.

I don't think my speedo worked on both 10CRs?? In fact when I was in France or Spain this summer my speedo was completly unreadable so I sent a text to James asking him to consult his comparoramo thing and he did, used rev counter as the speedo after that...still do!

Co-driver...Jason its in the rules to have one...spoil-sports!

Giggler, just realised who you are. Just because you got your entry in early doesn't mean that you'll be any earlier for the piss-up on the last night!

Quoted from GT6_Don
Giggler, just realised who you are. Just because you got your entry in early doesn't mean that you'll be any earlier for the piss-up on the last night!

True enough I suppose, but perhaps this time I won't have to looking for cigarette packet size signs in the darkness to try and find the place
;D

Then again, I'm t-total so it doesn't really matter to me  :P

Entry for the event has been open 6 days and currently stands at 24 and I know of at least 3 entries in the post. This has to be some sort of record !!! :o

Entry list updated on the Comps website...
< http://club.triumph.org.uk/comps/index.php?id=23 >

Quoted from jcarruthers Why do you need to know how many miles you've done? It's all in the name of fun...

Just find a friend and co-drive with them - as long as they're the same age or older there's no problem - it doesn't cost anything but the admin fee to add them on.

If you want to be a co-driver - it'll work out more expensive - if the insurance company kicks up a fuss and won't let you only be a named driver for a week then you're looking at £400 or more.

well itd just be nice to know how many miles you covered during the event......

and i spoke to FJ this morning when sorting out my renewal, and they have to be quite abit older than me for it not to effect it, so someone similer age or the same is out the Q.

i still think being a codriver would be the way to go, maby a 3rd for a saloon or est.? anyone out there?:P

Archived