Entry Opens for the 2007 Event

Ellis

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi - I resemble that remark - now there's a challenge!

Have been looking glumly at engine rebuild postings on the Stag pages, Rover conversion looked tempting until I thought about the latest abortive attempts to get the Range Rover going today . . . .

Don't forget Sprint is broken too :-(

look at all those unconfirmed co drivers........pick me pick me!! lol hopefully things will have changed with the insurance by the next one so i can do it in my car! woohoo! better get started with the prep........lol!

doug must have drove through the front door at 6am with his form........;D

Quoted from MikeyB Hey Scrapman, don't see Mr Jones' name anywhere?

He doesn't get added until I see the colour of his money!

And the final decision on the car doesn't get made until until he agrees to a few of my recommended upgrades, like 2litre front brakes and new tyres etc.

:-)

Colin

Good point Don.

Discussion about the most appropriate long distance endurance car identified the big saloons or a Dolly Sprint if I remember correctly - so how come it's all 2 seater sports cars :-/

I have no problem with that mind you ;)

Nah, modern diesels are rubbish on mountainroads.

I did Timmelsjoch in a Volvo V50 diesel last July.  You can't use the power going uphill because the powerband is too narrow. You have to keep the revs above 1500 to keep the turbo spinning, but at 1500 in second you go already too fast to take a hairpin.  Can't do it in first gear either because it revs to high. Absolute no fun! And the FWD isn't helping either.

I had lots of fun doing the Alps in a MX-5.  A small sportscar is probably the best. 

There were plenty of spits on the 2005 trip, and i remember fondly having to stop on the italian mororway due to the torrential rain coming inside the car and then out the drain holes in the floor.

Would of been a lot drier in a car with a decent roof.

Yep sorry guys... was away last night meeting with the 10CR team... catching up with the family tonight.

Let's just say entry is up to 48 - details will be posted tomorrow.

Latest places to Paul Hughes, Dave Tongue, Andrew Martin, Matthew Harris & Keith Bennett.

Who's gonna get the last two places...???

Ok Ok - so its looking fairly full
I still can't find a committed co driver..
Had wanted to do this in my GT6 MKII and  still hope to.
But seeing how many TBA co driver's there are is anyone else in the same predicament as me? Happy to email privately telephone etc to discuss compatability / car / costs / safety  experience etc. etc.............

Our entry was send yesterday, but the post from Luxemburg to the UK will take a few days .... so will we be in or out ??? We would have entered earlier, but the entry details went public at the beginning of my two weeks holiday in Madagaskar, so no way to enter earlier ... hopefully we are the last crew to enter ...

Archived