Entry Opens for the 2007 Event

Ellis

Quoted from GT6_Don How do you tell the GF?

I told mine, and the rest of the family from the decks of the ferry pulling out of Dover harbour!

Fantastic Idea Don.

She would want to give me a good clumping with her Handbag but would never risk getting her shoes wet ;)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ash, a 'clump round the head'??? That reminds me of an old joke...What do you call a wig made of pubic hair?

Err, back on the 10CR theme: with 10 months to go why don't we try to do a 'Cannonball' and get some TV company to accompany us. The Irish boys thought they had this organised last time but it didn't happen in the end. Maybe even invite her off Fifth Gear: Vicky Butler Too Much Money. Who's got room in a big saloon then?

Yet again I will sound like a real stick in the mud.

Why the hell would we wish to have a CT event featured on TV.Back in '98 we had a chap from a Sky prog. do the RBRR and as far as I know trivialised the whole event. Some time before the RBRR this year someone suggested getting Top Gear involved in the RBRR- could you imagine it- Clarkson making facetious remarks about Triumph and the like- awful.

I say the events are fine, why bother to get the TV involved- leave well alone.

I think you're right there Tim, we don't need TV coverage and there is a risk that we could be either portrayed as a bunch of Gumballers - edit together a couple of overtaking manouvres, splice in some friendly banter taken out of context and mix it up with a few late night fast car shots and you could really give people the wrong idea. Besides, I like the incredible looks people give me when I say what I do for fun, imagine the disappointment when your get a "yeah, heard about that" reaction!

Quoted from timbancroft61 I say the events are fine, why bother to get the TV involved- leave well alone.

I totally agree Tim... I just wanted Vicky Bulter-Henderson in the back of my motor !!!

I will say one thing - although Clarkson does bleat on about the quality of Triumph's etc. he is on record saying that the Stag is one of the prettiest cars of it's era - just the build quality was crap (which to be fair - it was... along with all BL cars of the time)

Now stop hijacking my 10CR 2007 Entry thread by talking about TV and get on with writing entry forms out !!!  Less than 280 days !!!

Post hasn't arrived yet today - will update later. Panic ye not... ;)

Archived