The Restoration of my DHC has started

Beans

The same to you Theo - best wishes for Xmas and the New Year.

But you know, I am slightly concerned.

You have a 16V TR7 FHC - so do I.
You have a TR7 DHC - so do I.
You have a Land Rover Defender - I keep looking at ex-military Land Rovers.

Apart from the fact that your cars are so much better than mine I can see why we get along

And here's a winter scene - although from last year, now there's a car port which is keeping all the snow off!

The day before yesterday it was exactly one year ago that I started dismantling the DHC.
In the past year quite a lot of work has been carried out 🙂

Over the past few day I have again busied myself with various little jobs like the ignition module and coil ...

And the hinges for the boot lid ...

But the emphasis in the past few days had been on the wiring looms ...

And to end the year I fitted the doors and the boot lid. Really starting to look like a car again. More next year ...

Finished the boot area today ...

Some problems (again) with the wiring due to the low temperatures but with the help of some long cable ties,
a piece of string and the invaluable paint stripper (to warm the wires up a bit)  got th ewiring at the rear sorted and th ethey went in fairly easy.

Last bit of wiring to be fitted to the boot area were the two looms for the tow bar, including the socket.

With everything connected up to the rear lights I could, at last, fit the boot trim.

Encountered some problems with the licence plate lights, bar one all the ones I have lying around are more or less damaged.
But the solution for this was a clip for the weather strip from the doors, simple and effective ...

With the boot area ready I will switch to another part of the car. Just not sure what part.
At the moment the temperature is dropping again rapidly, so glue the carpets (mainly to the sills) is not possible,
ruling out any further work on the interior for the time being ...

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the headlamp mechanisms, ready to go back into the car...

Also repaired and strengthened the mounting points of the rubber headlamp surrounds ...

fitted the exhaust/brake line brackets to the rear bulkhead ...

Made up a bracket for a universal in line fuel filter, using the bracket from a coil ...

And fitted even more soundproofing ...

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since my last update, but I haven't been completely idle ...

Fitted front wiring loom ...

and connect up the first item at the front of the car ...

Fitted the brake lines ...

After which it was time to fit a new brake proportioning valve and the clutch and brake cylinder ...

To finish of a good afternoons work I refitted the braided brake hoses ...