C2C 2023?

TReslaV8

Is the C2C in 2023 likely to be the same weekend (close as poss to longest day)?  Hopefully we will get further than 16miles short of the start this time, after our own C2C from Norwich to north wales last year! Would like to do the C2C as RBRR unlikely for me next year, clashes with my wife’s birthday and somehow I suspect it is not her idea of a good night out!!!

8 minutes ago, mikeyb said:

C2C is pencilled in for the weekend of 3rd/4th June

The roads will be very busy that weekend as it’s the end of whitsun half term holidays week. Could I suggest you think again. Plus I can’t do that weekend as I will be away for half term week with my wife and son as it’s school holidays.

Hi All

Message received and understood.  The CT Calendar is not yet set in stone, but scope for change is limited.  We have bought it forward slightly compared with last year to avoid traffic problems anticipated in Porthmadoc due to early holiday makers in a congested town.  The rain washed that out but as a precaution we had to arrange an optional start point.

A similar problem could occur in Skegness this year.  I'll talk with Mike Bishop and see if there are any alternatives.

Watch this space.

Cheers, Chris

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chriss said:

A similar problem could occur in Skegness this year.

Cheers, Chris

Unfortunately I have to go to Skegness for my job once or twice a month and yes it will be busy in June I have never known it overly congested outside of school holidays. The main issue with getting to Skegness is the endless tractors, speed limits and speed cameras. And they are there all year round.

Mark

On 01/11/2022 at 15:48, Rutty said:

Unfortunately I have to go to Skegness for my job once or twice a month and yes it will be busy in June I have never known it overly congested outside of school holidays. The main issue with getting to Skegness is the endless tractors, speed limits and speed cameras. And they are there all year round.

Mark

🙄

14 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Darren and I have booked a weekend with a couple of west Mids group on 10/11 June, it’s been booked for months as the original date planned was the first weekend in June for the C2C and we didn’t want to miss it 

You will be alright then as the C2C is listed as the first weekend in June. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Howard said:

See Chriss' message above about dates.

The one where he is talking about Skegness where we aren't going according to you?

I am totally confused and bemused.

All I would like to know is what date, where is it starting where is it finishing? People's calenders fill up fast with stuff. The more notice we get the better. 

Regards

Bruce

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubce said:

The one where he is talking about Skegness where we aren't going according to you?

I am totally confused and bemused.

All I would like to know is what date, where is it starting where is it finishing? People's calenders fill up fast with stuff. The more notice we get the better. 

Regards

Bruce

Bruce it’s quite simple. The provisional date is the 3/4 June. I have pointed out to Chris’s that this is the end of the may half term holidays and the end of a bank holiday week. Therefore the roads are going to be very busy and not good for a long distance road event. Chris has acknowledged this and is going to have another look at the date which may or may not change.

Somehow Skegness is involved in the event but not at the start of finish so that probably means visiting in the dark which is probably the best way to see Skegness.

Mark