C2C 2023?

TReslaV8

I have been able to talk with Mike and it would appear that 17/18 and 24/25 June are availible as alternative dates. We will not be able to please all of the (potential) entrants all of the time, but I am happy to take a poll on either of those dates.  Please would you respond with the date you can do the event or either or neither.  Please keep it that simple. I need to decide which date at the end of November.

The start is provisionally planned at East Kirkby, Lincs, but that is to be confirmed after the date is confirmed.

Skegness may or may not be included in the route.  It has taken me since the August Bank Holiday to recover from the shock of going there, but I still get flashbacks.  It could be good for entrants to understand no matter how bad you think it is where you happen to be, that it could be worse.....a lot worse. 

I am taking advice to see if there is somewhere even more gahstly that we can driveby and perhaps we can go there instead.  After all, entrants may appreciate some of the more stunning scenery more if they know how bad it could be. 😩

• Haha 1

Hi Chris 

24th/25th June for me. 
The best thing about Skeg is the road leading away from it, Clacton and Gt Yarmouth are close contenders for worse than Skeg but nothing beats Jaywick Sands. It is officially the most deprived place in the UK, it is a shanty town of burnt out cars and burnt out houses. 

Edited by Rutty
Spellcheck
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Rutty said:

Hi Chris 

24th/25th June for me. 
The best thing about Skeg is the road leading away from it, Clacton and Gt Yarmouth are close contenders for worse than Skeg but nothing beats Jaywick Sands. It is officially the most deprived place in the UK, it is a shanty town of burnt out cars and burnt out houses. 

Lowestoft was pretty grim earlier this year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great following up on all the comments, and dates (either 17/18 or 24/25) ok for me 😉- misses Le Mans Centenary on 10/11, so provided the TR7 isn’t marooned on a French autoroute that weekend, the 24/25 would be preferable but heyho you won’t be able to please everyone!  A start somewhere near Skeggy might mean we actually make the start after this year’s breakdown in North Wales (RAC took longer to get us home to East Anglia than actually doing the run - Chester Services at 4am must rival 11pm in Skegness for being the pits🤪).