Hi

Another question relating to the 2018 on-line entry

A) when registering on-line on the 1st December will I have to pay the full £375 entry fee (for our crew of 3) upfront via a credit or debit card? Or is it a deposit and then the remainder paid nearer the date?

Regards

Bruce

If the same as previous years you should be able to enter just one person (yourself) with one entry fee, and pay the additional as you add your other team members so that they can be made to pay for themselves .....!.  This is what I have done in the past but full fee as each person is entered.

After all teams can change and numbers in the car increase .......... or reduce as happened with us one year 🤔

MUT

We expect the entry fee (this time valid credit or debit card details) with the entry. Since, for obvious reasons, there is a minimum stipulation of two drivers, that means an initial minimum exposure of £250 up front. Until the decision was taken to make entry an on-line exercise this year everyone would have been planning to post an entry off on receipt of the November magazine, as in previous odd years and would have lined up co-driver(s) in anticipation. It is inequitable to expect the entrant to fund the whole entry fee her- or himself so the exposure should only be £125 pp. What's the problem? I am sure that for this iconic event all prospective drivers must have been budgeting this item of discretionary expenditure, it's no surprise since it comes round like clockwork every other November after all.

Tim  

Tim,
While this is a nice theory, in real life most people are struggling to juggle their cashflow, and parting with  upwards of £250 to secure an entry position can be quite difficult, particularly at this time of year.  As Triumph owners/enthusiasts become thinner on the ground it also gets more difficult to convince "non-believers" to commit to being co drivers so far in advance, so the owner usually has to stump up the whole entry fee, and hope that he can get a crew together in time, or maybe the crew are husband/wife and offspring where the total entry fee will come from one household's income.
Even if one has budgeted for the event, I doubt they would have thought about the 25% rise in entry fee since the previous event ( I am aware of why, and that the increase is unavoidable, so I am not having an issue with this aspect). Whilst I love the event and will continue to support it, I do think that it is unreasonable to assume that we can all afford it just because we want to do it. I would suggest that there still a fair few entrants who are doing it at the expense of something else; discretionary spend it is Tim. but it's still around £700-£800 of spend for a weekends "pleasure"

Quoted from Tim Hunt
We expect the entry fee (this time valid credit or debit card details) with the entry. Since, for obvious reasons, there is a minimum stipulation of two drivers, that means an initial minimum exposure of £250 up front. Until the decision was taken to make entry an on-line exercise this year everyone would have been planning to post an entry off on receipt of the November magazine, as in previous odd years and would have lined up co-driver(s) in anticipation. It is inequitable to expect the entrant to fund the whole entry fee her- or himself so the exposure should only be £125 pp. What's the problem? I am sure that for this iconic event all prospective drivers must have been budgeting this item of discretionary expenditure, it's no surprise since it comes round like clockwork every other November after all.

Tim  

We at CT can understand that £250.00 before Xmas is not an easy amount to find, but we are caught between two stools here, bring it forward and open the event on (say) 01/11 and that would have been too early, leave until 31/01/18 and then xmas spend for many would have made finding £250 (or more) difficult.

We have to have an idea of the numbers taking part by Feb so that we can commit to some of the places that we have to hire, so anytime after the end of Jan will cause problems. E.G. Knebworth wanted 50% at the time of booking, that was back in August. I am about to book the DM venue and they will want 50%, costs are going up.

As I have previously mentioned, we moved the date of entry announcement to to a couple of weeks to ensure all CT members got a fair shake. With the old system of magazine announcement and opening of entry with the publication of the mag., those who were late getting their mag often worried (unduly) about getting a place. Also, it placed Jason under pressure, in fact for the last two RBRRs, his wife Claudia was under put under pressure as Jason works away sometimes.

Can I thank all for the positivity about the cost increase, the rise to £125 was not an easy decision to have to make, but the RBRR 2016 was not a success from a financial point of view, this made the price increase necessary.

To be honest, to be a)starting the new website and b)opening entry of the RBRR on the same day is not ideal, but we had to do something.

Some previous posters have expressed concern about the CT site crashing as many attempt to enter the RBRR at the same time on 01/12/17 at 19.00hrs. If it does, it may take 24 hours to sort, however, please do not worry as once the site is open again places will be available. Its gonna be an interesting evening!

I suppose what I am saying is please be patient with us, we are attempting to do our best.
(I should not state this, and please do not interpret as a kop out, but we CT officials are doing this in our spare time, it is a hobby, albeit a very rewarding one).

Quoted from timbancroft61

To be honest, to be a)starting the new website and b)opening entry of the RBRR on the same day is not ideal, but we had to do something.

As an IT guy, this scares me.
I know times are tight, but starting the website a couple of days before would allow you to fix the first bugs. Anyway, nobody will be harmed if the entries will be delayed one day or two due to some unexpected problem, so...

Quoted from kin74

As an IT guy, this scares me.
I know times are tight, but starting the website a couple of days before would allow you to fix the first bugs. Anyway, nobody will be harmed if the entries will be delayed one day or two due to some unexpected problem, so...

as an IT guy it would scare me too if this was corporate bank or some other large enterprise. But this is Club Triumph run by volunteers for club members therefore there should be much forgiveness in the air and no-one should be complaining if it all crashes. In the past everyone who wanted a place has got one so why all this constructed panic?

If it goes wrong it goes wrong as long as nobody is killed when the site crashes then everything is fine.

Andy

Quoted from Rubce
Hi

Another question relating to the 2018 on-line entry

A) when registering on-line on the 1st December will I have to pay the full £375 entry fee (for our crew of 3) upfront via a credit or debit card? Or is it a deposit and then the remainder paid nearer the date?

Regards

Bruce

My experience with such events is that the FULL entry fee is required with the entry form. No money, no entry. Simples 🙂

Panic I am doing that.
I have no idea what my member username is let alone the password. I am also have email problems so I need to change my email address as well as I keep losing emails.

I think its time to panic with the RBRR entry getting close.

Mark.

Quoted from Rutty
Panic I am doing that.
I have no idea what my member username is let alone the password. I am also have email problems so I need to change my email address as well as I keep losing emails.

I think its time to panic with the RBRR entry getting close.

Mark.

Oh no, does this mean my email to you has gone west