Progress on participants cars 2006

GT6 is having another gearbox today. Now it becomes the one from my red GT as I'm still unhappy about the original box.  Really fed up with it for the moment and also time is running short. So I think this is the best thing to do at the moment.

Took the box out of the red GT yesterday (thanks to Beans for holding the spanner! and even more thanks to Rob for supplying drinks and stupid comments! ) ;D  I remember this box as trouble free, so after a clean up ( I'm in the middle of that at the moment) it will go in. Hope it's all fine and sorted before the weekend. Want to take the car up to a international Triumph meet in Chimay.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=thescrapman link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1132093984,s=370 date=1158852559]No, 3 hours to remove the one from the spare car, I haven't tried getting either one off the proper car.

The spare car is parked in the undergrowth halfway up my garden, beyond the reach of power/air tools.

And I had to saw all 4 flange bolts off, lying upside down in the damp leafmould. The 6 bolts into the radius arm came undone a treat!

I don't do lying upside down.

:-(

Colin[/quote]

Top work fella a true commited nutter! I know how you feel I had to plane the conservertry doors above my head standing in a stream recently.....long story will explain another time

Right, as Mr Bancroft told us that polishing the car is one of the most important preparations to do, I thought it was about time to find out what this polishing stuff is about.

A quick search on Wikipida resulted in this:

Polishing is the process of creating a smooth and shiny surface by using rubbing or a chemical action.

Aha! You're never too old to learn..  ;D

This is the result of me doing a process of creating a smooth and shiny surface by using rubbing or a chemical action on my GT6.  8)

Quote:
Is this a common expression amongst those members of the Staines Massiv??? 

............obvioulsy unrecognisable by the affluent upper classes of Redditch....... ;D

Chored; vrb; pro. chawd; def. Stolen, swiped, half-inched, nicked, 'ad-it-away, nabbed,lifted,bereft of presence.

.....................it's  word, look it up

::)

Crikey, please do not bring up the Staines Mass......

Ali G:Terrible creation.

Sorry about the use of the word.

Roger: Whats happened to your exhaust?
Is that better?

I'm just overjoyed that so many of the cars that have been entered for the RBRR seem to be nearly ready for the event- great effort eh!

Quote:
I'm just overjoyed that so many of the cars that have been entered for the RBRR seem to be nearly ready for the event

.............thanks Tim, thats a HUGE hex put on 90% of the entrants. I can almost hear the big ends failing from here!!  ;D

Just had confirmation from our local press. Doing an article on Team 86 next week to go in the local rag. Part of the agreement when Sam's hotel agreed to part sponser our car. Got to get pictures and copy in the local rag with the hotel (and logo!) in the background.

The things we do for money.................

I didn't get the "chored" word either. Thanks for translating Alan!

Anyway, my exhaust........... uhm well.... I took it off for a good clean up! :P

Btw, gearbox is in, all seems fine (so far). Putting all the interior stuff back at the moment (not my favourite job) , will do some more polishing later.  8) 

What do you class as "nearly ready" Tim? :P

The guy can now do my relays etc. this Saturday.  I'm working all weekend which means I can't pick the car up 'til Monday.........the day of the drivers meeting........it had better be ready otherwise I have no transport up there...

Doug, you've got a PM!!

Update from my test driver.

It managed 20 miles today, without breaking down. That is a massive improvement.

Sadly is misfired those 20 miles....

Now as long as we break the RBRR into 100 smaller sections, and can have an hour between each section to reapir the car, we are sorted.

Tomorrow it will receive a set of stripped and cleaned carbs, yet another distributor, and a set of 2nd hand rear driveshafts. And a different prop.

Cheers

Colin

p.s. I got the clock working yesterday, so now my co-driver can tell how long he is sat by the side of the road each time.

Archived