Progress on participants cars 2006

on the last RBRR we had a plan to paint the 'worksalike' a new colour half way around - obviously very badly, but it needed attention anyway. In the end the car wasn't ready for other reasons  :-/ so we took a different car ... moral to the story - Own more than one Triumph at all times!!!  ;)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=doug_foreman link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1132093984,s=123 date=1154086643]Or just buy a back up acclaim on ebay..[/quote]
I'd forgotten about that (RBRR does strange things to your memory doesn't it?)
Was it called "Young Bob"  :)

• 2 weeks later...

RBRR preparation progress report. Erm...none

Except I did book my holidays yesterday (for September) and then realised that between that and work I now have about 3 days left to actually prepare the car. Eek! Expect some bodged metalwork in the boot area... (OK, so it's a good excuse for me to make a rubbish repair job on the exhaust mounts).

...and I *still* haven't changed that clutch  :(

I am attempting to take a laid back attitude in relationship to Mr Pearson's entry- every time (RBRR or 10CR) its the same story and to be frank its starting to wear me out!
Dave, for the sake of my health please get started on the car!

Its imperative that we have 100 cars start the RBRR- maximum starters means good sum of money for BLISS!

At present we have a 105 starters- doh!

Tim, the Cack Brown Acclaim, AKA the Chocolate Pudding, is basically ready - all I need to do is fit the stereo, which is in the Spitfire at the moment, and change the headlight bulbs for halogen ones.  Oh yes, I also need to put some petrol in it - otherwise it's ready to go.

CAR 9  UPDATE french/langrick crew
1964  2000 mk.1 fresh 2.5 PI block and  PIPER red 2TR 46/78 degree cam built up. Fuel metering unit  etc.timed up today . Started virtually first time . Sounds good , pulls like a train. Just needs running in etc. hopefully all will be OK in the near future.

here we come....

Progress on Team 86.

BWK14K (MKII PI Saloon) is getting close to completion!

Car is coming home in the next few days having been at Craig Bennett's garage for a little while. New sills, floor, outriggers, several various holes have been welded up. Seat frames have been constructed so it now has Rover 800 Vitesse half-leather Reccaro seats in! They look great and are sooooooo comfy!

All that is left to do is;
New suspension
Poly Bush kit
Tyres
Spot lights
CLEAN
Service
Thrash!!

Hope to have it MOT'd by the end of August...................

I've been assured this morning that the Spit WILL be ready in time to give it a good shakedown before the RBRR. I went in to "rattle some cages", as there was precisely zero progress last week. I've promised not to go in and hassle them before Friday as long as I can see some significant progress when I do go in.

The Elan and white MGBGT have now left the workshop, so they should have a bit more time available, although I was concerned to see a Bristol had arrived outside with a dented front wing. Cars go in for a small bit of remedial work, and then end up turning into a full resto!

Rumpith, your car has taken ages hasn't it? I bet it will all be worth it though as it lloks really good. Signal red looks great on a round-tail and the paintwork looks superb. It's just a shame that it takes such a long time to do such a good job.

I had fun this weekend driving my girlfriends Mini Cooper S convertible. It is a girly car in that it doesn't sound right and is just too cuddly but it does really go well when you open it up. It has a whine reminiscent of the A-series whine and I am not sure whether that is deliberate or whether it is a fucntion of the supercharger.

I hopped out of the Mini and straight into my Spit and was pleasantly surprised that my Spit felt more precise, was more responsive low down, had a lighter clutch, was a nicer place to be and would probably keep up with the Mini on most every windy road. I have never been able to do such an immediate comparison with a Spit vs Modern but the Spit is certainly capable.

I just hope that your car is everything you hope it to be after such a wait!

best of luck, Neil

Archived