Progress on participants cars 2006

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=Alex link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1132093984,s=99 date=1151698584]Come on then James tell us what you've got left to do as your blog does'nt seem to change.Or have you finished and intending to unveil it on sunday? ;D[/quote]

Well, imagine a Spitfire - whole.

I've got to take that apart. Then put it back together again.

Build up the chassis using mainly new parts, finish off the tub, put everything back together. New engine, new carbs, Megajolt ignition... it goes on - and on...

Hopefully everything new means it'll just slot together... possibly...

[quote by=jcarruthers link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1132093984,s=102 date=1151754163]
Hopefully everything new means it'll just slot together... possibly...
[/quote]
Yeah, cause it always does that doesn't it  :X

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing major to report, but I have just had some sponsors advertising transfers made to stick on the car during the event.

They're very good quality and as one of the Gatwick CT members makes them for a living, he is doing 'mates rates' for anyone who wishes to have some made for their sponsors during the RBRR.  If you'd like to know his details just PM me.  ;D

Just got my Spit back on the road after sorting out the interior. Yippee  ;D

Tim, according to Club Torque 3 people have withdrawn. Have anymore since its publication?

The reason why I ask is that I'm number 5 on the reserve list so I believe I only need two more cars to drop out to take part! Unless you wish to have 102 cars running around the UK!

Only 70 Days!!  :o Aaaaaargh!!!!

I've just been told that the dates I had hoped to get my car bare metal resprayed have now been cancelled due to other cars in the pipeline in front of mine taking longer than expected.  I now have a rough date of mid to late September!!

Nothing like a tight deadline to clear the mind, eh?  :-/  ;D

Its fun this preparation lark! Builds the suspense even more.  :P

Not healthy for 'green' newbies like me though!  ;) I'm panicing!

Archived