Raider

• 2 months later...

According to Dave Pearson's Canley Classics  newsletter, the Czech Republic is included!

Quote:

6th-10th September 2007
Club Triumph organised event Ten Countries Run, Start at the Plough
Following the success of the first run in 2005 plans for the 2007 event are now well underway. Provisional Countries to be visited are England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland.

Follow this link

http://www.canleyclassics.com/newsletter.html

Quoted from AndyF even heard rumours about Poland being in there as well

AndyF

...and Russia ;D

Seriously, the countries although not completely confirmed are:
England
France
Switzerland
Italy
Liechtenstein or Slovenia
Austria
Germany
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Belgium

Once confirmed, we'll be publishing all the information you'll need to know for driving in these countries (safety equipment requirement, licences, taxes, tolls etc.) - I'm hoping this will be in the next few weeks. I will send round a note to everyone when published on the website. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If I decide to go it'll be not only my first club event but my first proper endurance run. That plus the fact i'm still not too familiar with the insides of my (non overdrive) car makes me a little unsure of applying.... and I don't really want to spend my 32nd birthday broken down in Germany!
Still need to be convinced!

Convince you? Easy. Just spend the 70 odd quid for the AA's extended european cover for the weekend. Then just drive around with a smug grin on you face in the knowledge that if the worst were to happen, a nice representative from the AA will wisk your car off with kid gloves and replace it with a modern for the duration. They even cover hotel bills! Can't speak highly enough of their service, but I hope not to make a habit of availing myself of it!

Quoted from canleyclassics Convince you? Easy. Just spend the 70 odd quid for the AA's extended european cover for the weekend. Then just drive around with a smug grin on you face in the knowledge that if the worst were to happen, a nice representative from the AA will wisk your car off with kid gloves and replace it with a modern for the duration. They even cover hotel bills! Can't speak highly enough of their service, but I hope not to make a habit of availing myself of it!

I just got a quote online from the AA for my 1976 Spitfire  for £50

• 1 month later...

Excellent Insurance advice!
Just don't expect the same from Footman James insurance that alleges it includes the same.
I broke down coming back from Classic LeMans 2006 and was not offered a courtesy car or accomodation, as advertised.  I was just asked if there were any other cars with me, in which case I could travel with them, couldn't I?  Click, and unobtainable after that.  When the other cars are heavily laden Spitfires that is a hope, not a fact.  And it took nearly the 14 days to retrieve my car that they told me on the phone to expect, but was not mentioned in the ad. copy, despite my protestations.  (AA and RAC aim to bring the car to your ferry home, or to retrieve in seven days) And they damaged my car in transit.

But them FJ offer this 'free' as part of their policy, and there no such thing as 'free', is there?

John
PS I did obtain some compensation from them, but unless it hurts them, it's not enough, is it?  And it wasn't.  J.

On the other hand, when I broke down in Belgium, Footman james re-arranged my ferry and paid the extra, paid for another night in a hotel and paid the pick up fee. All I paid for was a new battery and alternator...ready by 9am the next morning!

On the first 10CR I was hit up the rear in Rheims and they sorted all that out for me, again a very good service.

Archived