Start the clock...48 weeks to go

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

michael_charlton wrote:

Beer is and always will be as alluring as a beautiful body draped in silk to you....or maybe a 2000 covered in an old parachute.... ;D  

i haven't worked out my route for the second half yet..need to sit down with my fellow drivers and discuss where we're going..as in stick to the 03 route or add a few bits in..weigh up the pros of a beer against those of another mountain pass

and that parachute silk is mighty fine against the skin

Keith wrote:
But is it correct? I'm sure someone with a calculator and too much time on their hands will tell me! ;)

Keith,

Does the countdown take account of the decimal time that they have on the continent being one hour in front or is it local time here.

And another thing, is it British Summer Time or the Greenwich Mean Time that we're in now.

These things are important since you could be excluded if you're late to the start.

Again, just trying to be helpful.(whistle)

Jim.

TR7Nutter wrote:
OK.... before this gets out of hand as to how I'm doing everything wrong, can we get one or two things straight.

The route isn't a secret as I've said many times, but I'm not about to publish something that isn't finalised. We are still working on some of the timings and want to get it to fit. Over the course of the next month or so this will happen and I'll advise suggested places for stops etc.

We're starting in France because it gives us more driving / rest time on the continent to fit things in.

Unfortunately, trying to make an event fit with what EVERYONE wants is pretty much impossible, but by listening to ALL the comments I get (rather than a loud few), I can make decisions that suit most.

If anyone has a problem, please contact me direct rather than stiring up a storm on here - I actually feel quite disappointed about some of the comments and who have posted them.

I would just like to add my support for Ellis and the hard work he and his team put into the event. I am truly disappointed I can't make the 10CR next year due to a clash of dates for the first time, particularly as the French Start point would work very well for me.

76Spit wrote:

I would just like to add my support for Ellis and the hard work he and his team put into the event. I am truly disappointed I can't make the 10CR next year due to a clash of dates for the first time, particularly as the French Start point would work very well for me.

Disappointing to see any regular 10 CR runner not make it  

Unfortunately due to other commitments I will not be going with you next year. The 10CR has become my favourite CT event (favourite event of any kind actually) and just seems to have got better and better with time like most of the stuff we do, in a process of evolution rather than revolution. I shall miss being there and would ask you all to raise a glass to the four eyed, bearded, half Welsh g*t when you get to Rolduc for that now legendary de-brief.

Now with my official hat on, given that I'm currently the bloke with the sign on his desk which reads "The Buck Stops Here" as far as officialdom, particularly the MSA are concerned (not that I have a desk, or a sign actually, more an oil stain on a bench really but still, in a certain light .................. ) it is my painful duty to remind those of you who are considering going touring yourselves 'off route', that if you publicise, discuss in detail, advertise or formulate an 'unofficial route' you must do so elsewhere or by means of personal contact, phone calls, e-mails etc only. If you do so on or in any CT medium including this forum, the use of that route then becomes an event requiring a permit in order that we don't violate the terms of our MSA affiliation.

Needless to say we would not be able to organise or run any of the driving events which we do without the benefit of an MSA permit and the insurance cover which that affords and are not therefore willing to risk it. Equally perhaps, needless to say, if it starts looking like we might get lumbered with having to apply for permits to cover 'events' other than the one which we are actually running, that would end up with at least somebody being put in an awkward if not downright untenable position and as much as I love this club, I really don't want that person to end up being me.

If a group of people decide to go off on a trip seperately or together as individuals, that's entirely up to them even if most of them are members of this club and it's all fine and dandy. If it has been 'organised' here though, it isn't. Apologies for the sermon but I felt I had to say this.

Dale..panic not...those of us doing our own thing are already mindful of not landing CT with stuff it doesn't need..referance to our visit abroad has more been in relation to asking where you[ct ]were going .The details are already being discussed/planned etc elsewhere
The only authorities that will need telling are the fashion police if the speedos are packed  

For those not sticking to the route, it happens from time to time as some cannot follow a map (thats me) think what you would need to do if you broke down or had issues, if your not on the route, then you are less likely to get assistance. The spares list is a good thing but asking someone to go out of their way to bring a spare is another.

Dale is there no chance you could go?

Rob

bobyspit wrote:
For those not sticking to the route, it happens from time to time as some cannot follow a map (thats me) think what you would need to do if you broke down or had issues, if your not on the route, then you are less likely to get assistance. The spares list is a good thing but asking someone to go out of their way to bring a spare is another.

Dale is there no chance you could go?

Rob

What I am trying to say and I don't want to be misunderstood is stick to the route or msa may not want to give the club a licence next time ! The route take a lot of work planning lets give the organisers a bit of respect and do our bit to keep this great event going .

Rob