Jason1969

Wish I had pics, but my main computer is down for the count, so it might be awhile. But I'm not using the factory style, so it probably wouldn't have helped anyway.
In the meantime, back to the top of the page!

Not sure about the '79 in your sig, but the '65 used a simple bit of angle-iron (for lack of a better term) the width of the battery, with a bit of a twist and a hole drilled in each corner.
Simple J-bolts hold it down to the leading edge of the battery by angling down to the two holes in the battery box.
I'm just using a store-bought standard rectangular framed hold-down with J-hooks in a vertical fashion down to those same holes.
This method is secure and clean looking, but not as safe or as simple as the factory. Too much metal frame close to the terminals in my opinion. So I'll probably build something along the lines of the original.

Good luck.

Paul

Now, which battery have they supplied? The one in the pic above isn't "correct" but looks like an 075 or 063 type, far easier to find than the original 038/015 batteries (063 is bigger and often cheaper, bosch 3yr ones £30delivered from the RAC website)

Also the original batteries had the terminals at the front next to the clamp, where the larger ones locate them at the back as above, better (as less likely to short across the clamp)

Driving back from the NEC on a rainy evening with a dodgy alternator and afraid that the battery might not last on the motorway. I stopped at a "quick fit" to buy a spare battery. The salesman refused to sell me any because he did not have any for the Roadster. I had to call in the manager to make him understand that any battery with the poles on the correct position and delivering 12 volts is the right battery. Apparently not so by EU rules and the warranty of the car might be void if they fitted the wrong one...... On a 62 yr old car, defund maker warranty????
Eventually he sold me one but only if i was going to fit it myself!

Oh what has become of the trade?

Dirk