is everyone ready?

11 hours ago, Howard said:

Lille is one of the problem areas in the past.

They are in the process of extending their zone to include communes around Lille, but not yet acted. Were you just unlucky and arrived on a high pollution day when all but the least polluting are banned until the weather improves?

Latest situation in France

Les dernières actualités ZFE

La Fédération française des véhicules d’époque poursuit ses démarches auprès des grandes métropoles de France pour faire autoriser les véhicules d’époque à circuler dans les ZFE. Où en sommes-nous ? Voici les dernières actualités :

Feu vert pour 6 métropoles où les arrêtés sont parus avec dérogation pour les véhicules de collection :

Paris - lire l’arrêté

Reims - lire l’arrêté

Rouen - lire l’arrêté

Nice - lire l’arrêté

Toulouse – lire l’arrêté temporaire

Montpellier Métropole : brochure ZFE consultable ici, voir page 6

3 métropoles dont les arrêtés sont à paraître, intégrant la dérogation pour les véhicules d’époque en certificat d’immatriculation de collection :

Lyon : dossier règlementaire consultable ici, voir page 11

Strasbourg : guide pratique ZFE consultable ici, voir page 18

Grand Paris

D’autres villes sont au stade de projets soumis à consultation :

Grenoble

Saint-Etienne

Aix-Marseille Provence

Bordeaux

Enfin, voici la liste des 10 villes dont les ZFE sont en projet :

Arras

Clermont Ferrand

Grand Annecy

Grand Nancy

Fort de France

La Rochelle

Lille

Plaine commune Grand Paris

Toulon

Vallée de l’Arve

I've just looked at the Green zone.EU site. To be honest I'm not convinced about it.

To start with they offer the sticker for France, their photos of it aren't correct plus the only authorised site for getting one is the Crit Air site. I think the one for my previous car cost about 5€, they say 'from' 30+.

The has also been a scam here with a site offering the exemption sticker for classics, however the details haven't yet been finalised let alone passed into law.

Their list of zones might well be correct but to be honest in France just go for it and don't worry. Should you happen to be passing through a zone you have to be controlled by a person, I don't think any zones have automated systems, I would also wager that with a gendarme they would be more interested in the car than giving you a fine anyway.

Bonne route!

I am now rapidly coming to the conclusion that motoring/motoring holidays are becoming a tedious affair. When you look at all the do`s and don`ts of driving from having to have a UK sticker instead of a GB sticker to viewing where and when you can drive, it takes the enjoyment out of driving. Remembering the first few years of care free driving on the continent to now having to carry a briefcase of rules and regulations......it depresses me no end. 

46 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

I am now rapidly coming to the conclusion that motoring/motoring holidays are becoming a tedious affair. When you look at all the do`s and don`ts of driving from having to have a UK sticker instead of a GB sticker to viewing where and when you can drive, it takes the enjoyment out of driving. Remembering the first few years of care free driving on the continent to now having to carry a briefcase of rules and regulations......it depresses me no end. 

Cheer up old chap. 

Much is just tinkering. UK sticker? £2 and arrive in a couple of days, no hardship. Yes, the emission zones need thought, but they are coming to the UK, wait until they hit your local town. However, in the UK, our cars are exempted, and the reality is they are too much hassle for the plod abroad to question us. 

So really, nothing has changed. Except the "Brexit bonus" of queues at ports......

Thanks for the attempt of cheery support...However...who in their right mind had the narrow mindedness to agree to such a trivial change in our rights.....UK? We had GB since the first day of having your car lifted off a ferry by chain hoist.....We are Great Britain ,another terminology of the same identity...or United Kingdom...What is the difference. Just some jumped up fish market seller in the EU parliament who must have said...`Allo allo...we mus change zis identity for something different , but that is the same"!!...GB?? Grande Bretagne(FR) Grosse Brittannien (D)Groote Brittanie(NL) Grande Bretagne (B)Gran Bretagne (I) etc etc......GB for ch...s sake ......so why now UK? Try getting the continental equivalent for UK in their own languages Royaume Uni....UK???  Doesnt work for me....

44 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Just some jumped up fish market seller in the EU parliament who must have said.

No, absolutely not. This idiocy was NOT the EU's idea, it was our Brexit government who wanted to f*&k things up for no good reason. Nobody in the EU wants the hassle, it's the petty-minded jingoists of the Tory party who need to get a clue.

• Like 1

The official designation for the group of countries England, Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland has always been UK. The use of GB on cars has been wrong ever since it was introduced,why all of a sudden someone realised the error I can only guess. My money is on some pro- Brexit numpty in the UK thinking it a good idea.

To be honest nobody including gendarmes over here here gives a f*&t what sticker you put on the back of your car. Some have even thought that UK stands for Ukraine.

• Like 1

Having just took the modern car on holiday to the south of France we didn’t experience any issues. Just a 1/2 delay at the Chunnel going over. Yes the queues seem longer at both sides of the tunnel but you are called in time and everything was ok. I do have an air critique for the car (€4 I think)

make sure you get you air critique from the official French Government website, lots of scams going on.

wish I was going on the 10CR myself

My evenings this week will be painting out the inside of the car with Hammerite, then sorting some wiring bits; fit battery isolator, wire in fuel pumps and heated windscreen.

If all goes well, I’ll pull the engine, gearbox and prop shaft next weekend, ready for the o/d box and rebuilt 1147.

I’m guessing that will throw up some challenges, so I’ll take a view what else I do when that’s all up and running…

79BB5B44-6035-4A7F-9ECF-B157CD3C42CB.jpeg

9975CF53-FAB8-4887-A51B-792442B57AA4.jpeg

BB523564-8993-4F70-A54B-4CA44C4100AD.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vader said:

Having just took the modern car on holiday to the south of France we didn’t experience any issues. Just a 1/2 delay at the Chunnel going over. Yes the queues seem longer at both sides of the tunnel but you are called in time and everything was ok. I do have an air critique for the car (€4 I think)

make sure you get you air critique from the official French Government website, lots of scams going on.

wish I was going on the 10CR myself

...but we are not going anywhere near Paris.

5 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

...but we are not going anywhere near Paris.

?? If you mean Crit Air restrictions there are several areas that have them. In fact my regional news last night reported on the zone to be introduced in September around Rouen.

On 23/07/2022 at 09:46, Rosbif said:

They are in the process of extending their zone to include communes around Lille, but not yet acted. Were you just unlucky and arrived on a high pollution day when all but the least polluting are banned until the weather improves?

Latest situation in France

Les dernières actualités ZFE

La Fédération française des véhicules d’époque poursuit ses démarches auprès des grandes métropoles de France pour faire autoriser les véhicules d’époque à circuler dans les ZFE. Où en sommes-nous ? Voici les dernières actualités :

Feu vert pour 6 métropoles où les arrêtés sont parus avec dérogation pour les véhicules de collection :

Paris - lire l’arrêté

Reims - lire l’arrêté

Rouen - lire l’arrêté

Nice - lire l’arrêté

Toulouse – lire l’arrêté temporaire

Montpellier Métropole : brochure ZFE consultable ici, voir page 6

3 métropoles dont les arrêtés sont à paraître, intégrant la dérogation pour les véhicules d’époque en certificat d’immatriculation de collection :

Lyon : dossier règlementaire consultable ici, voir page 11

Strasbourg : guide pratique ZFE consultable ici, voir page 18

Grand Paris

D’autres villes sont au stade de projets soumis à consultation :

Grenoble

Saint-Etienne

Aix-Marseille Provence

Bordeaux

Enfin, voici la liste des 10 villes dont les ZFE sont en projet :

Arras

Clermont Ferrand

Grand Annecy

Grand Nancy

Fort de France

La Rochelle

Lille

Plaine commune Grand Paris

Toulon

Vallée de l’Arve

I posted the list on the 23rd

We are going via The Netherlands and they just require evidence of full covid vaccinations...with no expiry date. That's handy!

Our GT6 (Tomboy) got a good run-out to Le Mans a few weeks ago and all I have done is replace the two rear silencer hangers, lagged the exhaust between the collector box and the central silencer, tidied up the interior and the passenger door innards. All set to go.

I was toying with the idea of going in my newly acquired Sprint but the propshaft is off for repair and I have a new Bell exhaust to fit...although I can't find anything wrong with the old Bell system...it has a very, very loud boom to it! Found a loose bolt on the gearbox mount which might account for some of the shuddering when pulling away!

This will be a sad 10CR for me as it will be Tomboy's swansong.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

16 hours ago, Don Cook said:

We are going via The Netherlands and they just require evidence of full covid vaccinations...with no expiry date. That's handy!

Our GT6 (Tomboy) got a good run-out to Le Mans a few weeks ago and all I have done is replace the two rear silencer hangers, lagged the exhaust between the collector box and the central silencer, tidied up the interior and the passenger door innards. All set to go.

I was toying with the idea of going in my newly acquired Sprint but the propshaft is off for repair and I have a new Bell exhaust to fit...although I can't find anything wrong with the old Bell system...it has a very, very loud boom to it! Found a loose bolt on the gearbox mount which might account for some of the shuddering when pulling away!

This will be a sad 10CR for me as it will be Tomboy's swansong.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

🙁  enjoy his last run 

have a lovely run all of you and good luck (you’re all crazy lol 🤪

Well it was going well, down to a few items on the to do list, but.....

New 'reconditioned' 3.63 diff has started to whine very badly at 30 MPH, stops if you  freewheel.
Less than 50 miles since I put it in, it started completely quiet and has got steadily nosier and yes I did oil in it!
I will have to go back to the nice quiet 3.89 one I had in it... 😞 
More than a bit pissed off as I hate changing the diff..

Sound file of unhappy whining diff attached!

Mike

45 minutes ago, mpbarrett said:

Well it was going well, down to a few items on the to do list, but.....

New 'reconditioned' 3.63 diff has started to whine very badly at 30 MPH, stops if you  freewheel.
Less than 50 miles since I put it in, it started completely quiet and has got steadily nosier and yes I did oil in it!
I will have to go back to the nice quiet 3.89 one I had in it... 😞 
More than a bit pissed off as I hate changing the diff..

Sound file of unhappy whining diff attached!

Mike

🙁😤🤬

Sorry to hear this Mike…. Diff changes are no fun…

On 23/07/2022 at 11:03, Velocita Rosso said:

You need a UK sticker? 

i just wrote UK on a bit of paper and wedged it behind the bog roll on the parcel shelf.