28th RBRR Announcement and Opening for Entry Date

On 01/01/2023 at 09:53, Tim Hunt said:

Unfortunately I will be unable to enter the 2023 event, the first one I will have missed in 47 years. On the bright side the absence of a  'usual suspect' will at least free up a spot, it would be good if it were for a first time crew. I would like to assure everyone that there is nothing currently wrong with me or the 4A, and if I am still alive and in good health I fully expect to make my 24th RBRR start on the 2025 running.

The best of luck to all entrants, I will be watching with interest the inevitable avalanche of entries as they come in on 10th February!

Tim

Tim

Sorry to hear this, we'll all miss your smiling face and helpfulness. Catch you in 2025. Team Moby

22 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Tim, Thanks for the reply.

Think it is about time you sat down and wrote an article for Club Torque about your RBRR experiences...would be a good read.

I did do that a while back Tim, but if you have forgotten maybe others have too. Perhaps I will update the item anyway for the benefit of new members and, particularly, new RBRR entrants of whom I hope you attract a fair few this time.

Tim

• Like 4

Entry date and time is in the calendar 😁

Looking forward to it already .. got to put the clocks back in after re-calibration of the speeedo and repair on the tacho due to an issue with it not working correctly with the 123 distributor and then the HOF should be good to go 👍

Pete

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 16:40, Tim Bancroft said:

Be good to see you on the RBRR again Stuart, good luck with the prep.

I've completed major job of swapping rear axle. I've even had a brief drive in it.

Not sure it'll be one colour, it may be a variation of the colour scheme of the last one.

Really need to do an update for Club Torque 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Probably not.

We used it because we were worried about the covid implications of people standing around in groups etc. 

The other issue we had was that many crews did not use it, it needs to be used by 100% or is of not much use to us.

Sad in a way as it added a interesting facet to the event.

Tim

Right, 14 day and just over 4 hours till the entry mayhem starts again...really looking forward to seeing who enters and what cars everyone will be using.

McJim and a few others will be vying  for the top spot, that is entry no.4 as 1, 2 and 3 are taken already by the three highest charity money collectors from 2021.

3 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

McJim and a few others will be vying  for the top spot, that is entry no.4 as 1, 2 and 3 are taken already by the three highest charity money collectors from 2021.

Much as I try for a low number for a bit of an injection of fun into the proceedings, would it not be appropriate to award numbers 4 to 10 to the next highest donations from 2021. 

11 crews donated in excess of £2,000 last time. 

It's a small reward for collecting all that money and costs the Club nothing but recognises the effort from the crews and let's everyone see and appreciate their committment in 2021. 

It would be a nice touch. 

Jim. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, McJim said:

My thoughts were that by having a single digit entry number, everyone would know that they were one of the crews that collected the most on the previous RBRR. 

Jim. 

You might tell me to button up Jim since I am not taking part this time anyway but I think that would be invidious. After all, some entrants, such as those who are in business with a wide circle of contacts are much better placed for finding pledges than those who have to rely on friends , neighbours and family every time. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

You might tell me to button up Jim

Mr Hunt, I would never dream of telling you to "button up". A man of your standing?  Certainly not. 

You're one of the nicest and most pleasant people, that I have met in Club Triumph. 

And now that you've been made Chancellor of the Exchequer, those words would not pass my lips. 

Belated congratulations on your promotion by the way. 

Your point is well made and I withdraw my suggestion. 

How silly of me and now that you are in a position of power, please don't look too closely at my tax situation. 

It's just so easy to misplace £27 million in Gibraltar. 

Your friend and colleague,

Nadhim

P.S.  When you say "that would be invidious", is that Darth Invidious?

He's my favourite Sith Lord. 

Asking for a friend. 

Edited by McJim
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Entry places have no real relevance, so a bit pointless.

How wrong you are. 🙂

Perhaps you should auction off entry numbers 4 to 9 to the highest bidders in return to a donation to the chosen charity.

Basically buying their spaces in advance for a consideration, and avoiding the scrum.

On 11/01/2023 at 19:38, mp65101 said:

Will there be Rally App Live Stations again in 2023?

It is a real shame it is not being used, allows really good control of the event.

I guess those that chose not to use it last time had their reasons.

I do wonder if something similar may become a requirement to get the permit in the future.

Just a heads up that the RBRR pages of the website have been updated with all the details for this year's event.

https://www.clubtriumph.co.uk/rbrr/

Entry will open on Friday 10th February 2023 at 7:00pm

Please make sure your club membership is up to date.

Purchase of the event entry is only through the website and is only open to club members.

If your membership has expired you will not be able to purchase event entry.

If you are viewing the website as a guest, non-member, or expired member, now is the time to get your membership up to date!

-- Admin

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave bunney said:

Evening. Quick question regarding car registration. Is that done when entering for the rbrr or is there an area in your account/membership area to do so. I can't find anywhere to check mine or amend/add if needed 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Cheers in advance!! 

Yes, done during the entry process. 

• Like 1