28th RBRR Announcement and Opening for Entry Date

12 minutes ago, ferny said:

Cool.

When I clicked there was one option to buy an entry. I checked afterwards and options to buy team members were now available. 

On my phone it was 18:59 when i did my init entry so I wasn't sure if I slipped into a crack. I went from Team 17 to 19 in this period. Just making you aware in case it becomes relevant in the future. 👍

We had some eager beavers who had to be put back in their boxes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Amy Wade said:

Scraped in with the last 2 figure number. Please be kind to entry number 99, the team will be RBRR virgins. 

Now to replace the gearbox, propshaft, diff, brakes, clutch, clutch hydraulics, shocks etc...

Mine needs an engine rebuild after a hose dropped off the cessna oil cooler. I'm hoping I get away with a reshelll. But the turbo could be scrap too. It's only done 30 miles since a rear wheel tried to escape at 80 mph when a uj exploded in June 2022.

It's the same herald I did my first rbrr in when it had 60bhp. These days it may have more power, but it's still just as big of a challenge.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Pete, very good to see you have entered the event...Brown Spit/GT6???

cheers Tim, it's addictive this event of yours! I chickened out of entering the brown Sixfire and stuck with the trusty royal blue mk3. But let's see how things progress ... might end up swapping cars. 

39 minutes ago, PeteStupps said:

cheers Tim, it's addictive this event of yours! I chickened out of entering the brown Sixfire and stuck with the trusty royal blue mk3. But let's see how things progress ... might end up swapping cars. 

Addictive is the word Pete, trust me I should know! I will be very surprised if most of this year's first timers are not back again in 2025.

Tim

• Like 2

A futile attempt to classify the cars:

Base Model Count
Acclaim 1
Ajax 12
GT6 8
Herald 3
Saloon 30
Southern Cross 1
Spitfire 21
Stag 18
TBC 1
TR3 2
TR4 4
TR6 4
TR7 5
TR8 2
Vitesse 4
Grand Total 117

Ajax = Any small saloon (Dolomite, Toledo, FWD)

Saloon = Any big saloon or derived model (sorry, lumped the estates into this for simplicity)

Edited by yorkshire_spam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So !! How hard is it !! My spitfire has been in restoration for the last 3 years, my brother purchased her and was so excited about the project but unfortunately passed away 2 years ago.  I have purchased her from my sister in law.  I have never driven a spitfire but am really excited to get her.  Should have her in the next week  or two. My husband just keeps laughing at me saying I'll hate driving her as its uncomfortable, no power steering etc etc.  The RBRR sounds fab, but he is telling me I'm mad!! 

14 minutes ago, Linda Carr said:

How hard is it !!

Welcome, Linda!

The RBRR is certainly a challenge (what would the point be otherwise?) and if you're not used to old cars then you will find the Spitfire somewhat odd. If you get her in the next few weeks then you've got plenty of time to acclimatise, though. The things your husband worries about will rapidly transform from "problem" to "quirk" (and even to "benefit" when you discover how much feedback modern cars lose from their power steering). You may have moments of hating it for a while but, if it's in good condition, you'll soon come to love it.

I can't say whether you're actually mad. The last time my Vitesse did RBRR, I had a very last minute change of co-driver and the lass who eventually stepped in had 1) never driven a Triumph before the start, 2) never even seen my car before I picked her up from the station, 3) left work in Bournemouth on the Friday afternoon and was back at work on the Monday morning. I think even we hardened veterans would say she was mad, but she loved it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1