28th RBRR Announcement and Opening for Entry Date

29 minutes ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Good points, Stuart. Good to see you with us again.

Sadder still is that only 3 Heralds are entered. One day I would love to use one on the RBRR, imagine its a real challenge.

Cheers Tim. Did you think we'd miss it. We have unfinished business with the TR. Saying that, I've still not got the Moss Roadster back together after our attempt in that how ever many years ago. But one day that will make it round

33 minutes ago, Linda Carr said:

I will purchase crew member when I know who is crazy enough to join me.  Hilton spitfire squad !! - newbies 

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe your entry will not be valid without at least one co-driver. (I'm sure I read that on here last night) Just put anyone down for now. You'll be able to change it later. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Linda Carr said:

@RobPearce thankyou, I have entered!!  I will purchase crew member when I know who is crazy enough to join me.  Hilton spitfire squad !! - newbies 

As quoted last night by Jason who is one of the organising team.......

'Just go back in and add another team member. Basically you buy a team member at a time - you should load each one into your online shopping cart then check out. But you can do it retrospectively - just don't sit there with half an entry because that's not valid.'

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Radders said:

As quoted last night by Jason who is one of the organising team.......

'Just go back in and add another team member. Basically you buy a team member at a time - you should load each one into your online shopping cart then check out. But you can do it retrospectively - just don't sit there with half an entry because that's not valid.'

Sorry!! I have done this now 🙃

Hi Linda

The RBRR is an endurance for both the crew and the car. I suggest you enter the Coast to Coast (C2C) event in mid June as that will give you a flavour of long distance driving in your Spitfire overnight.

Good luck and have fun

Bruce

Edited by Rubce
  • Thanks 1

My brother and I did the 2021 RBRR in a Mk3 Spitfire (albeit with later seats and 1500 drive line) and found it more pleasant than the previous three times in a GT6. Not as smooth as the two years I used a 2500 (one S saloon, one PI estate) with three drivers, of course.

We also did the C2C last year, in that same Spitfire, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree with Rubce and Tim - it's a good idea to get the confidence on that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Howard said:

What's a Triumph Ajax? 😄

From my first summary of the entrants:

On 11/02/2023 at 07:51, yorkshire_spam said:

Ajax = Any small saloon (Dolomite, Toledo, FWD)

Saloon = Any big saloon or derived model (sorry, lumped the estates into this for simplicity)

From the Triumph Ajax platform/project that spawned the small saloons.

Scouring powder? War rockets? Who's to know?

• Haha 3