28th RBRR Announcement and Opening for Entry Date

On 28/01/2023 at 12:07, Tim Hunt said:

You might tell me to button up Jim since I am not taking part this time anyway but I think that would be invidious. After all, some entrants, such as those who are in business with a wide circle of contacts are much better placed for finding pledges than those who have to rely on friends , neighbours and family every time. 

Yep, I'll be in the same position there Tim. My sponsorship is likely to be down a lot this time since I have retired since the last run, firstly it means I don't have the chance to ask for sponsorship from colleagues at work. Secondly, my old company (Vodafone) did a sponsorship match scheme giving a £ for £ match up to £350 so now I don't work for them I'm £350 down before I start 😞

Still on the brightside being a grumpy pensioner gives me more time to prep the car without work getting in the way 🙂

Edited by cook1e
  • Like 2

I was messaged by SaffronGary last night and he commented on how little activity there has been on here and on Facebook regarding the imminent opening for entries for this year's RBRR.

And he's right, there's next to nothing.

I find it hard to believe that there won't be a meltdown of the website on Friday at 19:00 but judging by the interest expressed here and elsewhere, you'd think there was none.

I'm sure Tim, Nigel and the rest of the RBRR organising team will have a full entry within 24 hours but where is the expressions of interest from everyone?

Just a sign of the times?

Is it me or something else?

I just don't get it.

Jim.

7 hours ago, McJim said:

I was messaged by SaffronGary last night and he commented on how little activity there has been on here and on Facebook regarding the imminent opening for entries for this year's RBRR.

And he's right, there's next to nothing.

I find it hard to believe that there won't be a meltdown of the website on Friday at 19:00 but judging by the interest expressed here and elsewhere, you'd think there was none.

I'm sure Tim, Nigel and the rest of the RBRR organising team will have a full entry within 24 hours but where is the expressions of interest from everyone?

Just a sign of the times?

Is it me or something else?

I just don't get it.

Jim.

Can we save the buzz generation until after I've got an entry. I'm not going out for a meal and not seeing the girlfriend because of the opening.

• Like 1

They are keeping their powder dry😉

Website will be fine, it is just the nervous entrants who will be melting down. 

And I bet people will be hitting the refresh button on the entry list in frustration, but it will only refresh every 5 mins. 

I will be having a beer out at a friends house this evening. But I will be keeping a weather eye open.

Here's hoping I don't get a power cut 10 minutes before I flip the switch and open the entry. This is what happened on the 10CR launch night. Trying to get my dying laptop to connect to a hotspot on my mobile with a baying mob at my door was not fun...

• Haha 1