lost my co-drivers - volunteer anyone?

Hi all, for various reasons both my co-drivers have pulled out, I've got one replacement but need another, anyone interested? I'll be starting from Bristol so I guess you'll need to be in the Bristol/M4 corridor area. I'd really hate to have to back out now but If I get no response by the end of this week its what I'll have to do. :o

I'd do it with two. You get to drive more of the great roads that the RBRR has to offer. This will be my 5th RBRR with only two people. Admitly it's hard to get 3 people in a Spitfire!
Don't miss out on this great event if you can't get a third driver.
Good luck

This will be my 5th RBRR and the first time with a team of 3. I've always been in a team of two before and would add to the other comments that 2 drivers are definitely sufficient.

As you have a bit of a drive to and from the start from Bristol though I would consider finding some accommodation near the Plough and staying over either before and after the run or certainly after when you'll be well knackered from the run...

I have done the run with 3 and 2.  Note the Post on top of the page.  Dave Kent is looking to join a team.  No matter what give it a go.  Just remember, during the run at various times one of you will NEED SLEEP!  Take naps, don't drive tired and pull over if you feel the need as you need not rush to make it.  Their is plenty of time to make the check points, just don't waist time.  

The two times I have done the RBRR it's been with a 3 man crew, Was booked to do it again this year again with a 3 man crew, I pulled out a couple of weeks ago, the main reason being that one of the co.driver decided not to do it this year, I know a lot of people do it with a 2 man crew but it always has to be 3 for me, I will also say didn't think car would be ready in time, but it was mot'ed last week and did its first trip out today in over 5 years

Cheers Andy

Swap or stop- I like it Andy!  :)
Definitely an individual choice and I respect anyone erring on the side of caution, far better that than potential snooze-ville disaster.
I did it as a 3 man crew- very enjoyable and easy in reality, although we were all itching to drive most of the time!
I found 2 man crews far more rewarding due to increased driving/navigating involvement. Having driven all legs of it now, I felt no desire to stay awake to 'enjoy' Wales as it were, I communicated my intention to the driver , we agreed he'd sit behind another car.

If you've listened to the Gaydon instructions, read your notes, done your prep and homework: you will already have a clear understanding with your crew (2 or 3 person- makes no odds) of swap or stop etc. You all should have an awareness of the route anyway, obviating the need for navigator being awake :) There is always the fall back safety option of 'Sat-nag'...  

pheaduk wrote:
Hi all, for various reasons both my co-drivers have pulled out, I've got one replacement but need another, anyone interested? I'll be starting from Bristol so I guess you'll need to be in the Bristol/M4 corridor area. I'd really hate to have to back out now but If I get no response by the end of this week its what I'll have to do. :o

I am in Bristol and soooo tempted but sadly, i'm all booked up for the weekend. I hope you find someone so you can enjoy what is an awesome experiance. What are you driving? Fuel guzzling monster or Toledo 1300? :)

Good to hear from you GT6Boy, have you ever been along to our club night? it would be good to have a chat.
It was supposed to be a Sprint engined 1850HL but that got delayed some what so I re-commissioned the 2000 saloon (2500 engine). It got me to Le Mans and back no trouble so it should be good for this once I've got the gearbox back in.

Wow! the Compass, that take's me back, I think Roz Pope was running things then. Things are a lot more active at the Civil Service Sports Club. Pop along (first Thursday of the month) some time, there won't be many Triumphs, if any, in the car park but there will be at least a dozen of us in attendance.

Back to my current situation, things are looking up and the trip looks like a goer. I'll report back when I have something concrete.