Watching a few old Top gear Episodes last night, series 6, where they are on a quest for the greatest driving song ever ever made me think.

What is the song you would like to pour out of your car speakers, if you ever had such luxury, at the Start at the Plough on that friday evening, and why not, which one when you finally roll in the Sunday....

For me it has to be Steppenwolf, Born to be wild.....
Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way

Yeah, darlin'
Gonna make it happen......

Not have given the arrival any thought so far, first things first.

Dirk

I bought cd a few years back titled "Driving Rock Ballads" which had some good tracks on it but also some that just didn't work for me so I started my own compilation of which 'Radar love' and 'Born to be Wild' were the first to come to mind but also included 'Highway Star' and 'Speed King' by Deep Purple. Thanks guys for the other suggestions I'll be adding some of those to it.

The Jesus and Mary Chain- Never Understand on departure.
Elbow- Grace Under Pressure for returning.

It's a toughie for departure as you'd like it to be a wheel-spinning "so long suckers!" departure into the sunset, but it's actually a tickle out of the car park almost in convoy, then waiting at the lights to join the crawl up the the A10, begfore you can get some wind in the hair driving going. :)

That would have to be the return song Alex. What a great song that is: bloomin' fabulous.

"For all the shut down strangers and hot rod angels
Rumbling through this promised land
Tonight my baby and me we're gonna ride to the sea
And wash these sins off our hands"  

Top drawer Springsteen- a great one for a relaxed drive back down from the M25 to The Plough.  8)