Mark 3 GT6 restoration - here we go!

Rubce

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Work this weekend has centred around grit blasting the rear wheel arches, welding up a few more holes which became visible once the rust had gone and applying first coast of Rustbuster paint

Steady progress. Grit blasting the bulkhead is the next task.

Regards

Bruce

Hi Shaun

Yes a chrome GT6 would be different! I have been trying to persuade Su to leave the car bare metal with simply a coat of laquer over it as it would save me the hassle of painting it! But she is not having a bar of it.

Cheers

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I no longer have to look at that drab grey as it's now painted I had a change of heart and asked the brother of my neighbour to apply the top coats. He is a professional sprayer for a local luxury car manufacturer. The benefit of using him to apply the top coats was a better finish than I could have achieved plus he did it much quicker which will probably save me a months rent on the workshop.

Putting up all the plastic sheeting took me a while!

I am well chuffed with the result. Hopefully I will get the body back on the chassis later this week.

Regards

Bruce