Mark 3 GT6 restoration - here we go!

Rubce

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing work. And you've done it quickly too. What you've done in 1 year has taken me 15+, and I am still not yet to the point of painting my GT6!
See my journal at http://www.triumphexperience.com/journal/byakk0.
I'm in the process of refurbishing the bonnet right now.

Hi

Sorry I have not posted recently. The engine bay is complete, fuel tank in, new boot boards manufactured,, new rear quarter panels made and fitted, heater fitted, windscreen wiper wheel boxes replaced, exhaust fitted etc etc.

The past week as been spent manufacturing the new wiring harness. It's well over half way complete with the section behind the dash to complete and a new fuse/relay board to make. Wish I could find that bit of perspex I was saving for that job!

The next task after that is fitting the headlining. I am not looking foward to that! Hopefully start the engine up towards the end of next week.

Regards

Bruce

184 wrote:
Hi Bruce, do you have some templates for the boot boards? Where abouts are you based? Will need a set for mine and yours look quite good!

Hi Craig

I am in Crewe, Cheshire. I used the old ones as a template and then added on an inch onto the width of the right hand side board to improve the fit. You are welcome to have the old boards as a template as otherwise they will be going on the bonfire. Or pop over and take a trace off the new ones.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce, your car and work looks brilliant but I have to let you know it did cause an argument in our house last night!

My wife saw me reading the thread again from the beginning and pointed out you had started only10 months ago(mine has been in pieces for 3 years) and also how tidy your garage and working area was!! (mine apparently is not!)

So if you could please do me a favour and slow down and mess up your garage then that would be great!!

Brilliant project and thanks for the motivation!

Stephen

worcester19 wrote:
Bruce, your car and work looks brilliant but I have to let you know it did cause an argument in our house last night!

My wife saw me reading the thread again from the beginning and pointed out you had started only10 months ago(mine has been in pieces for 3 years) and also how tidy your garage and working area was!! (mine apparently is not!)

So if you could please do me a favour and slow down and mess up your garage then that would be great!!

Brilliant project and thanks for the motivation!

Stephen

Hi Stephen

Your posting had me chuckling ;D My wife would like to point out that 10months is way too long and that she believes that I need to get my finger out and finish her car so she can use it before all this superb weather is over. In the m eantime she keeps borrowing my Stag :(

She would also like to point out to your wife that she suffered for 2.5 years with a house full of car parts whilst I restored the Stag. This is one reason why she was so keen on me renting a workshop to do the GT6 this time.

Good luck with your project.

Regards

Bruce

P.S. Glad you are finding this thread interesting. ;)

I find it interesting that you have the smaller brake master cylinder, and the bubble on the bulkhead for the larger reservoir is on the LH side by the hole for the fuse holder like the LH drive cars.
Is it that way for all of the RH drive cars?