What did you do for Drive It Day?

Tim Hunt

Had a decent run out in the 4A and an excellent, socially distanced pub lunch  https://wheatsheafperry.com  The Hunt household has taken the lockdowns seriously and I worked out that yesterday's was the longest journey since the 10CR in September 2019!

Pictures taken before departure and at Old Warden on a visit to the Shuttleworth Collection on the way home. Sorry, don't know why pics are upside down. They were saved the right way up but if I rotate them 180 degs and save again before posting they still end up this way. Clues anybody?

Tim

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

There was a problem with upside-down images on the old forum, too. It seemed to be connected with being taken on Apple devices - something about the CCD being inverted on them and the JPEG/EXIF data not being correctly adjusted. Normally, though, editing (in a non-Apple tool?) would fix it.

IMG_0254.thumb.JPG.17ba172aaac7600209e769eb50288d59.JPG.7c80c5eb06f391056283b325563ca21f.JPG

1 hour ago, RobPearce said:

There was a problem with upside-down images on the old forum, too. It seemed to be connected with being taken on Apple devices - something about the CCD being inverted on them and the JPEG/EXIF data not being correctly adjusted. Normally, though, editing (in a non-Apple tool?) would fix it.

IMG_0254.thumb.JPG.17ba172aaac7600209e769eb50288d59.JPG.7c80c5eb06f391056283b325563ca21f.JPG

Thanks Rob, I wasn't aware of the Apple issue, this was first time I had posted pics taken on an IPhone. I've no idea how you managed to get that picture the right way up. In future I will use a camera if I plan to post a pic on the Forum!

Tim

12 hours ago, Rubce said:

Five of us from the Cheshire & Staffs group had a run across the border into Wales. 8-)

I would have attached a photo to this post but it keeps placing it upside down for some reason!!!!

Bruce🤔

There you go Bruce :)

Tony.

IMG-20210425-WA0014.jpg

• Like 1

Did'nt go out in my car, fitted new springs to the TR6 instead.....why does the TR range need to have 11 nuts undone to change a front spring? Small chassis cars need 5 undone, one of those just partially undone at that....appreciate the TR is a heavier and more tractor (!) like machine....but the front suspension is a pain! 

65 mile circular route from Coventry to Henley to Studley to Alcester to Stratford.

Spotted a TR6 travelling in the opposite direction along the way.

Plan to go through Stratford and on to Caffiene & Machine abandoned due to traffic congestion at Stratford.

Took the A46 instead, then towards Gaydon and home via Fosse Way.

Nice drive out.

I had my Drive it day 24 hours early. Went to visit my mother in Bishops Stortford - thanks to Covid lockdown the first time I've seen her in over 6 months - 300ish miles round trip with no dramas 🙂 Here's hoping for many more equally trouble-free outings this year 🤞

• 2 weeks later...