• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou! Very pleased with the finish point  :). It being <10 miles from home makes the decision alot easier, as knowing I can be home good and early on Sunday makes entering reasonable in the face of what other family members have planned for the same weekend (mothers!!).

It's even possible that my on-event mileage might exceed the to/from mileage this time........

Haynes have a small track too..........

Cheers

Nick

Nick_Jones wrote:
Thankyou! Very pleased with the finish point  :). It being <10 miles from home makes the decision alot easier, as knowing I can be home good and early on Sunday makes entering reasonable in the face of what other family members have planned for the same weekend (mothers!!).

It's even possible that my on-event mileage might exceed the to/from mileage this time........

Haynes have a small track too..........

Cheers

Nick

Yey...all to Nick`s for Lunch  ;D

Latest entry list - will be e-mailing out some more details later in the week.

1     Mark Bulford / Geoff Nauman / Andy Gleeson
2     Mike Banks / Mark Rutter
3     Mike Bishop / Darren Armitage
4     Peter Jackson / Janet Jackson
5     Patrick McNaught / Susan McNaught / Jerry Smart
6     Nick Jones / Duncan Stewart
7     Mike Weaver / Anne Weaver
8     Colin Wake / Russell Banyard
9     Alistair Vincent / Mike North / Mike Mercer-Deadman
10     James Baldry / Paul Mellors
11     Yossarian Gay / Katy Dowland
12     Steven Radley / Dave Maton / Dave Saunders

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm hoping the above list hasn't grown too much and there are still spaces available for this? :)

I'd really like to take part, is it suitable to have only one driver for this event? With a navigator? Also, as far as I can tell this is run through the night, no? Just trying to figure out what I can about the event - sounds fun!

Cheers,

Dan

8668 wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping the above list hasn't grown too much and there are still spaces available for this? :)

I'd really like to take part, is it suitable to have only one driver for this event? With a navigator? Also, as far as I can tell this is run through the night, no? Just trying to figure out what I can about the event - sounds fun!

Cheers,

Dan

As long as you are a Club member....then of course you can take part
You will need a co driver.....as a 14 hour over night run  will be errr enjoyed
Generally after a 6pm start and zig zagging across the country then finishing around 8am the following morning.....you will need a co driver!

I did once do all the driving on the event itself but with my co driver doing a lot of the driving to and from the event. There is an hours break between the two halves and the adrenalin keeps you going. But if your navigator doesn't drive at all you will be shattered at the end. After a good breakfast and a bit of a sit down you won't wasn't to move again. You could have a sleep in the car after breakfast but a proper co driver would be preferable.

8668 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,

Dan

Darren Sharpe loves this event but doesnt have a crew to do it with. I'll pm you his mobile number if you are stuck for another man.

Cheers for the replies guys - seems one driver might be a bit hardcore? Especially considering it's a first attempt and in a 948!

Thanks for the suggestion Radders, but I'm sure I can rope my dad into it, currently it's me and my bro, but I'm still learning to drive. Hopefully I'll get something sorted out quite soon :)

Dan