Well I suppose someone's got to start it.

Tim, Jason, Nigel, Dave, Andy, Malcolm - great organising team.
All the marshals, absolutely first rate at all the stops - well done.
The staff at the Seaview. Breakfast order taken as soon as we sat down, couldn't have been better.
The staff at the Plough for putting up with us taking over their pub!
CT Southern area - cakes!
Macmillan - support and biscuits
Vidahost, our website hosting co, a big thank you and plug for them for going beyond their service obligations to fix a problem while I was in the North of Scotland with no internet access.
And finally all the entrants for camaraderie.

Cheers,

Keith 8)

Couldn't agree more. Thank you to all involved in the Rbrr for giving us all the chance to take part in this amazing event. Some things get better with age, and I think the Rbrr is one of them. Probably the best of our eight rbrrs, notably due to the company this weekend.

As always, we are already looking forward to 2016, which says a lot about this Rbrr phenomenon.

Thanks so much to all involved from car 57.
Mark and Jo McLean

Agree across the board- thanks very much to everyone involved.
Particular highlights for me include the cheery welcome at Carter Bar (despite the thoroughly adverse weather conditions at that point), the fantastic staff at Seaview, cakes and pies served with a smile at Pimperne and Morrison's Garage respectively, and Mr Bancroft's infectious enthusiasm at the start and at the finish.

Team 71 (newbies!).

What a fantastic event,everyone should do it once,make sure its on your "Bucket List".
Well done to the organising team,   thanks to all the other teams for including us Newbies from down south.

Special  thanks to all checkpoint staff, we couldn't do it without you.  

Jon,Chris &  Pete,    Team 105 (the one with the bonnet map)

Well I'm finally home! Just enjoying the porcelain!

It was a great event, and even better meeting you all that I chat to on here, nice to put faces to names,
I would like to thank wholeheartedly the organisers and staff who made this possible.
And especially to the chap in the discovery who see us arriving late at one checkpoint up Norf (I forgot wich one, I will ask dirk) he turned round and drove the few miles back to sign our book! Top man.

At one point, we were actually inside the time at two c.p's (don't know how!)  but then traffic and hills along the way dropped us off the pace again.
But it was nice overtaking saloons with the old girl! (until the dreaded hills!)

Thanks all, and thank so mich for the chearing and clapping we recieved when arriving at the latter c.p's

And Chris you nutter! So so glad to see that huge grin on your face, well done matey.  ;)

And also thank you once again to the Macmillan nurses, they did a great job with my mum last month, and also supported my father, so think you.

Many thanks to the organisers, marshalls, crews and even the spectators who turned out at all hours and in all weathers to watch us arrive at check points.

Thanks also to my fellow team members for making it an enjoyable and stress free run. Our third team member enjoyed it so much he is already looking forward to the next one and even thinking about buying his own Triumph to do it in.  :)

Gertie did well apart from some last minute clutch issues, but luckily we still made it back to the Plough. Already looking forward to the 2016 event, although hopefully in the Mk1 Pi.  :)

Well done to everyone that made it round and commiserations to those that didn't.

4058 wrote:
And especially to the chap in the discovery who see us arriving late at one checkpoint up Norf (I forgot wich one, I will ask dirk) he turned round and drove the few miles back to sign our book! Top man.

That was John Millidge at John O'Groats. John mentioned when we were chatting to him at Conon Bridge that he'd turned back to a sign a road book.

4058 wrote:

I am sure that Mike and Graham at Skiatch said they had just left when they spotted a late runner, so went back to sort them out. Perhaps it was you.

thescrapman wrote:

I am sure that Mike and Graham at Skiatch said they had just left when they spotted a late runner, so went back to sort them out. Perhaps it was you.

Yep that was us. John M was driving a Hyundai this year!

It was a pleasure, top marks to you guys for doing the run in something a bit different - what an absolutely stunning car you have!

Good to meet you.  We'd hoped to see you again at Conan Bridge, but tiredness was starting to kick in so departed ourselves once everyone else had left. Bill Murray stayed on, don't know if you made it to him in time?

Mike (and Graham)

MikeyB wrote:

Yep that was us. John M was driving a Hyundai this year!

It was a pleasure, top marks to you guys for doing the run in something a bit different - what an absolutely stunning car you have!

Good to meet you.  We'd hoped to see you again at Conan Bridge, but tiredness was starting to kick in so departed ourselves once everyone else had left. Bill Murray stayed on, don't know if you made it to him in time?

Mike (and Graham)

Mike,
Yes we made it, at that point we were about 2 hours late, just took a nap then to find out my 2 co-drivers got lost in schotlandshire....
Was so glad for all of you who stayed late to sign in our roadbook, Edinburgh airport, Skiagh, Conor Bridge (actually spurring us on) Sugarloaf....

Then we made good progress until the rally stage showed us that a REnown is defenitellly NOT a rally car!

Roll on 2016!
Dirk

Hi Folks,
             many thanks to ALL the organisers for putting on a unique event.
I felt sorry for the chaps running the Carter Bar and Sugar Loaf check points. When we arrived at each post there was a great bunch of cars arriving at the same  time, almost over filling the parking areas.

High points -  arriving at JoG, getting through Wales in one piece, seeing the Renown arriving at Lands End as we were leaving, Pulling into the Plough.
AND meeting  some very good guys.

Will I do it again - probably not.
I've now done it twice with no problems it can only get worse and that would spoil my memories of it. But I am available to help if required.

Well done everybody.

Roger

This was my first time on the RBRR and it really does live up to the hype!  Fantastic event.  Highlights for me were the A68 and then down through Wales - those Welsh roads are exceptional. We were in a group of 4 - a red TR6 in front, a white spitfire next (crew 48  - kept coming across them - what a fantastic car, well driven at a cracking pace -my favourite out of many possible contenders), us ,crew 84, green TR4, and then a blue spitfire bringing up the rear. That section will live with me for a long time. My co driver also had a brilliant time - he's 78 and enjoyed every minute and loved the cars.  Thank you to everyone concerned.  I'll be back. Already persuading like minded friends to buy a triumph now to be ready for the next one!

Regards

Bob Horner

Be warned Bob, this event is dangerously addictive. This was my twentieth RBR in the 4A (Entry 17) and the fortieth anniversary if my first. I have to say it was the most enjoyable to date - I have never been unhappy with the way my car has gone but a rolling road session last Wednesday found an additional 13 bhp that I didn't know I should have had! It has transformed the car on the road and of course my co-driver and I found it too hard to resist making pretty full use of the extra poke. Despite this the car returned an overall TRUE CONSUMPTION of 34.05mpg (corrected for known odometer error). From my records the comparable figures on the previous four runs were 32.11, 32.54, 32.33 and 32.50 and on the last three Ten Countries Runs the car achieved 32.40, 31.13* and 32.16. (The asterisk refers to the 2011 10CR, which involved twenty Alpine passes, probably accounting for the lower figure). These figures are remarkably consistent so I can be confident that the consumption on this last RBR represents a significant improvement, particularly taking into account that the car was frequently being driven harder than on any previous Run.

I can only echo the thanks of previous posters for the tremendous efforts of the whole organising team, their helpers at all the controls and those members and friends who turned out at various points on the route to cheer us on, often at ungodly hours.

Although it is rather wishing one's life away - I shall be nearly 71 for the nest RBR if still alive - I can ponly say roll on October 2016!

Tim

Thank you.....to the majority of the entrants who kept their cool...... when being advised that they had not filled in their road books at the top of the page, requiring car number and entrants.
Those who did n`t were politely advised..................its one of the rules.(...even to the time the checkpoint opens)

Either old timers who thought it was the norm or  freshmen who had forgot .....that its not the marshals job to do so on, a hectic signing in under cover or in dark roads in pouring rain. Remember that for 2016(...albeit we did remind people in 2012)  

Other than that...thank you for the entertainment!(some people do make you laugh)......