Who's got what to do for 2010?

ajp wrote:
the up side was I got to inhale lots of meths whilst cleaning the stub axle prior to refitting the hub!!

For the benefit of our American readers, "Meths" means 'Methylated Spirit', known in the USA as "Denatured Alcohol"

in the UK, Meths has a purple dye added.

AJP is NOT on Methamphetamine!  

L

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you know why we make Leon live way, way across the country!  3,000 miles from me!

Air Froce One?    Who do you think I am? Don't answer that.

Will arrive Heathrow tomorrow morning via Virgin Atlantic, Then to Hotel Chinn.  = BEER!

MWG445 wrote:
Roger,

Have you ordered the vlaai yet?

You're not ready till the vlaai's ordered! :)

Me and young Carruthers won't forgive you if you forget.

Jim.

That's why I said "nearly"...  :P

Don't worry about the vlaai, I'll sort that out for sure!

Mmmmmmmmmmm vlaai at JoG  :)

Wonderful ! The new shocks for Bills car are not here. The 'supplier' uses UPS who, in my experience, are useless and continue to live down to my expectations. Bill is planning to collect his car tomorrow evening. What an interesting 24hrs I am going to have. @rse !

the pi estate is at gearbox place all stickered up ready to go just got to wait for them to finish with it promised for tomorrow, then fit new front pads,exhaust and connect the new heater valve up. So hopefully should be ready in time if nothing else goes wrong.
Plan `B`  is going for a mot on wed but having never driven it not sure.
plan `C` is running well as usual but was out in it yesterday to go to stanstead and back in the pouring rain and typical tr7 kept losing the wiper blade on drivers side

cheers andy

Shocks finally arrived at 2pm and I discovered straight away that the bolt holes in the lower bushes were too big so I've had no choice but to faff about swapping the bushes out of the old shocks  >:(

All back together now, just a couple more checks then it's off to deliver the car to Bill. I just hope that's all ....

Last night I ate two curries, four onion bhaji and two naan. Today I've had a shish kebab (three shish in a naan) and I'm working through .5kg of chicken pakora with chili sauce. Can you tell I live in Luton?

Not sure whether I'm flushing my body for the weekend or trying to off my team mates. We'll let you know Sunday night.

Car went to Moordales today to get tuned. Dale worked his magic and got the car running sweet.
However he spotted that the water pump is leaking. So things to do now are:
Change oil
Fit In line fuse and Wiper Park
Speedo Alignment
Replace water pump
Fix Stereo

Clean and put stickers on

mpbarrett wrote:

Bugger, anyone got  a new propshaft? Lots of play in the sliding joint and a bit of play in the UJ. I know that wasnt there a few weeks ago so I guess  the vibration from the failed diff has caused to go.... On the phone on monday to see if I can find a good one. Shouldnt be too difficult to change .. Still 5 days left... plenty of time!

Mike and Libby

New propshaft delivered, fitted last night. Drove her to work today but think vibration is still there. No  idea whats causing it. No play in drive shaft UJ's or in wheel bearings. Wheels have been balanced and no sign of weights coming off.

No more time to fix it and am getting pissed off laying under the car each evening so will  have to live with it and either keep the speed <65 or >80 ......

Mike and Libby

timbancroft61 wrote:
Mike: You could try the jubilee clip method of balancing?

Tim
its a new recon propshaft from Jame Paddock so I assume (??) it has been balanced. but who knows!
I think something else is going on but dont know what. Certainly the old propshaft sliding joint was worn and the UJ's at front and back were worn free play so I had hoped the new propshaft had fixed it!

We will live with it, We marked up the route last night but want to go though it again this evening.
It will be nice to know where we are meant to go!

mike and Libby.

AlanChatterton wrote:
Last minute change of plan........... decided to upgrade the dodgy worn brakes. Nice new set of Stag discs and calipers need fitting............. tomorrow nights work I think!

'You know it makes sense Rodney' ;)

I assume these were the ones in stock for Libby, how is she coming on by the way Alan?

Colin.

No, stock ones for Libby still on the shelf. Passed EJ Wards yesterday and did a deal on some used calipers, new discs and pads.............

Just got in from work, got attacked by the new puppy, now off to get changed and hit the brakes.

Bradley should be over about 8 ish to help with the bleeding and then its just tools and spares to pack!

Libby is now in the paintshop, filled, flatted and the inside, door shuts and underbonnet in primer.

November I reckon

Archived