Who's got what to do for 2010?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went over to david and john @ anglian triumph today after playing about with it and setting the timing,adjusting the tappets,cleaning the injecters etc its now running alot better and now pulls and is alot quicker makes all the difference and makes it worthwhile changing from the `s`
The only thing left now is fit the headlining on sat, sort the heating out and drive it.
Hopefully it will do more mpg  now but will find out on the rbrr ;D

andy  

New laminated screen fitted to-day :) though had to show the Autoscreen man how to fit the chrome trim and I also fitted the screen, but still worked out cheaper doing it through the insurance glass cover, than buying it through the business ;) to buy a screen to me was £160+VAT ??)

David.

trigger wrote:

Don't you ever think this GT6 hates you mike !!!!!!   :)

yes. I did start to look at TR6's earlier this year and suddenly the GT6 started to behave again.... maybe this weekend I should have a trip to TRGB and see what the tradin price might be... might make the GT6 behave for the RBRR!  ;)
Anyway new diff is lovely no noise, no clongs when starting........
Have your driver's pack here in Histon if you want to pick it up.
cheers mike

Bills car needs tracking, fluids and suspension bolts checked and a new flasher unit then it's off to the Dolly club annual soiree on Sunday. Took it for a spin last night and it feels really good. The Spitfire still needs the windscreen sealing properly, head bolts re-doing and tappets checked, some accessory sockets fitting (phone and sat nav) and I may get the tracking checked/adjusted as a precaution after fitting the Caterham uprights and polybushes although it feels fine. Still not sure if the back end is too low on the new spring and lowering block. I've got some decent front driving lamps that I'm hoping to fit too (nice to have some auxilliary lighting that isn't afflicted by Draculucas).

Last job is to sort out some spares to take and let that shorts bloke know  ;D

Team 30 have now changed cars, Cookie's nappy cack GT6 will be our trusty stead for the run now rather than Mark's Saloon.

Not too much more to do to get the GT6 ready, need to fix the passenger door, link part for the exterior door handle assembly arrived today so should be able to do that no problem.

Then  change the Engine Oil/Filter and she'll be ready to roll.

Just replaced the d type overdrive solenoid on my GT6 this morning, that's now my least favourite job!
Had to remove the prop and jack the back of the gearbox up to get to the bottom mounting screw, awkward doesn't even begin to describe it, have fun.

MWG445 wrote:
Overdrive on my late model Mk3 GT6 has a busted solenoid.

No problem, order one up.

Go to fit it only to discover that someone has fitted a D-type overdrive to the car!

Oh joy!

New solenoid ordered from Canleys and hopefully back on the road working by early next week.

Jim.

Standard GT6 factory fitment is a D Type, J Type is an upgrade.

D Type solenoid is a PITA to fit, the bottom screw is really hard to get at!

Disaster!!

Exhaust has just split right down the length of the centre pipe (witor straight through stainless pipe) and time is getting short to get one and replace it. Luckliy I have a friend with the right gear who can weld stainless steel, by he's only available on saturday afternoon.

So, saturday morning, diff out, seals, diff in...... set the metering unit up, reset the handbrake and then over to Kenilworth for a welding session..............

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

cook1e wrote:

Standard GT6 factory fitment is a D Type, J Type is an upgrade.

D Type solenoid is a PITA to fit, the bottom screw is really hard to get at!

yeh but at least it is 1/5 of the price of a J-type!

Did you get any offers for the steering wheel bloss Floyd?

AlanChatterton wrote:
Disaster!!

Exhaust has just split right down the length of the centre pipe (witor straight through stainless pipe)

Warranty job surely! Not that it will help you -

I've  just landed in the UK and currently staving off jetlag with pint sized Stella cans
(drool) Just need to fine tune Dougs PI - fettling butterflys , check tappets , timing, metering unit clearances - would be nice to get +25mpg in a hard driven PI

No joy on the boss front, Mr Helm has a standard one and Mr Banks is a Mountney man, so I had to sweet talk Karen and extended the budget a bit, hopefully should arrive at the weekend, bugger is it cost twice what the wheel cost.
Still got to put the tunnel back in, change the seats and make up some brackets for the elise one, then it's down to the niceties if I get time like the spots.
Floyd.

Everyone said it would be a J-type.

You don't expect me to actually go under the thing and look, do you?

Not that I would know what I'm looking at! :B

Bottom screw problem is for the garage to sort.

Any help with how to access it would be welcome - the garage has already voiced their enthusiasm for the job.

Jim.

FloydP wrote:
No joy on the boss front, Mr Helm has a standard one and Mr Banks is a Mountney man, so I had to sweet talk Karen and extended the budget a bit, hopefully should arrive at the weekend, bugger is it cost twice what the wheel cost.
Still got to put the tunnel back in, change the seats and make up some brackets for the elise one, then it's down to the niceties if I get time like the spots.
Floyd.

Floyd not sure if it will fit? but I have a spare new leather steering wheel and boss for my Spit that you can have. I ordered it ages ago but in the end I preffered the original steering wheel that came up lovely after a good clean. so its just been sitting in my garage.

Archived