Who's got what to do for 2010?

hi colin
yes is still the original cr engine lucky if its 10/15psi at 2500 revs but doesn`t rattle and sounds ok if it didn`t have a pressure gauge/light you wouldn`t know anything was wrong.
Going to try fresh oil and filter tomorrow and relief valve if not its drop the sump and have a look.

andy

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly teh same as mine, no rattling or anything, just low pressure.

If what i have read is correct, the crank will be barely worn, and it will be the shells that have worn.

Fit teh best quality bearings you can find, VP2 if at all possible, you don't want to wreck teh crank as it is almost irreplaceable.

Cheers

Colin

Ah, Janey, I've "just" GOT to fix that windscreen leak... and fit the parcel shelves and an extra 12v feed for the electronic goodies we're taking. I'd like to fit the new seats too, but that might be asking a bit much. I've replaced the head gaskets - all went back together OK last weekend. She needs an MoT before the run, but I'm not expecting any problems there. I'll be taking her to the drivers meeting.

Ah, Janey, I've "just" GOT to fix that windscreen leak... and fit the parcel shelves and an extra 12v feed for the electronic goodies we're taking. I'd like to fit the new seats too, but that might be asking a bit much. I've replaced the head gaskets - all went back together OK last weekend. She needs an MoT before the run, but I'm not expecting any problems there. I'll be taking her to the drivers meeting.

Got the head torqued down tonight.

Tomorrow will fit water pump, manifold, carburetters and cooling system.

Fingers crossed, hopefully she'll start tomorrow!

Although I've got one problem, I've got a few exhaust studs that i can't seem to get off the old head. Any suggestions?

Just had my overdrive oil filter out because it misbehaving occasionally when hot and found a broken lump of brass in there!

Oh well, I suppose I've still 20 days to get the  gearbox out, strip gearbox and o/d, replace whatever's broken and put all back together again.

:-/

changed oil/filter yesterday oil pressure not really any difference, So going to run it to gaydon for the drivers meeting and then decide if it needs the sump dropping before rbrr or run it as is.
When i changed the oil found out it had a magnetic sump plug and there was no metal n the oil.

cheers andy

Archived