Who's got what to do for 2010?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MikeyB wrote:
Yahoo, making progress - caravan restoration now finished!   :)   :)   :)  

Your conscience will be ringing you up to nag you if you keep that up!

You shouldn't have been wallpapering it, you should have been banger racing it!

Or just left it behind at Glasto.. :-)

Well my RBRR car the Mk2 saloon is now up on axle stands with the diff out awaiting a new seal. (Again!)

We seem to have got the overdrive wotking on the Sienna Brown estate (The RBRR back up car) although a long test drive last night was prevented by running out of petrol about a mile from home!  :X

I'm going have another go tomorrow morning! (With petrol!  ;))

Goody wrote:
Just in case you might want to know:  ABRR is the American version of the RBRR.  It ran for 3 years that I know of.  Blake Discher, co-driver with Pat Barbor put it together.  Sorry to say their just was not enough intrest over here.  If you Google abrr or go to www.abrr.org you can read about it.  On the main page you will see a box Sports & Exotic.  Click here and the story of the 07 run will appear.  Their are 4 pictures of my Herald.   The Bentley in the last picture overheated in the mountians and did not finish.  

Sorry about the late discussion on this particular item, unfortunately, I don't review these fourms very often.  Just for clarification, I was not a organizer of the ABRR.  This was organized and managed by Blake Discher, my past co-driver for RBRR 2004 and 2006.  I have participated in his event several times, four that I can recall.  These were nowhere near the event of the RBRR.  I don't think they were necessarily intented to be either.   Blake's primary focus was to raise money for children's charities. The event was successful at raising over $100K for children's charities.  I have to agree that there is very limited interest here in the US for an event the caliber of RBRR. I would say that I know of maybe 5 or 6 people who would be interested in some type of event of similar duration in the US.  Since they all live great distances from each other (Maryland, Califorina, Ohio, Michigan, Texas)  just getting them together would be an event in itself.  

I look forward to seeing you all at RBRR 2010.  

What Bill needs to do now is heal before the run.  Last week he severed the tip off one of his fingers. Tip has been sown back on and the prognosis looks good and should be good to go in time for the run. Will know more on this Friday when the cast and bandage comes off. Typing is a little difficult so this is his secretary (wife) posting this for him. We will keep you posted.

Carol  One of these Heralds below is mine!

YAYYYY!!!!  Just taken my "new" PI out on the road for the first time!!  Blimey - they DO go well, don't they!!?!?  ;D

Now to start the snagging on it, to try and get it properly fit for the RBRR:-
Headlights are crap
Brakes need bedding in
Speedo doesn't work
Needs a radio instead of a hole in the dash
Needs some decent rear springs
etc etc etc

Archived