Who's got what to do for 2010?

michael wrote:

but would it last 24hrs!? regards michael

Now you look here Thunderlips, my building capabilities were shown when I finished my 2000 resto 10:30 the night before the 10CR and it got me all the way round after no prior testing! And I wasnt playing seesaw on the mountains of france being chased by said vehicle mr! Damn cavalier attitude you have! ;D ;D

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made good progress today. Gearbox is out and brackets are made up to fit Golf rad. Also had to relocate the washerpump and starter solenoid to create space for the expansiontank (also VW).

Next will be putting the new gearbox back in and finishing off the cooling system. After that it's only a matter of modifying the Honda seats and fitting them. Ohh and we have to change the diff.

Busy week, new shoes and cylinders at the back, new pads for the front, dash lighting upgraded, music installed, rear suspension rebuilt with new shocks that do adjust and poly bushes, oil and filter changed. Can we go now before something else pops up, credit card will not stand any more. :o

I tried in vain to get an MOT last week. It failed on the tyres (one below the limit and three advisories!), the headlights (working 10 minutes before the test!), the horn (also working 10 minutes before the test!), handbrake (tester didn't understand my fly off handbrake conversion) and the exhaust (tester wanted another mount in the centre even though it passed like this at least 3 times before!). Worse of all though was a patch of corrosion on the inner sill that needs welding.

I've now sorted it all bar the welding. The horn was a dodgy braid in the horn push, the headlights were an earth connection that obviously popped out on the drive to the garage. I also fitted another mount on the exhaust and changed the tyres over to my other set. I explained the fly off handbrake at the time and the guy seemed to be alright with it so all I need to do know is get the welding sorted. It's right by the front outrigger and it's going to be a bugger to fix by the look of it. I'm hoping to get it sorted this week so I can drive to the Drivers meeting!

good weekend of triumph fettling,most jobs now done just got to sort out a matching set of tyres,check electrics and give it a
wash.
    booked in for mot on tuesday {hope ive not missed anything} then will give it a few good run outs before
the big event rbrr 2010 .......bring it on :)

Booked the car in for a respray next Saturday.

Cobbled together an interior light from a Nissan Micra to replace the unobtainable original.

Currently re-assembling the dash and changing the fuel lines.

Still no heater - who needs it.  We can wear long johns and 10 layers of clothing.

Just the faulty overdrive to fix and a good service at my mate Alan's garage and we're ready to go.

Jim.

After taking the head off over two months ago and then doing nothing due to work and holidays I thought I'd better get a move on!

I finally got some time in the garage this evening.

Cleaned the engine block top and removed traces of the old gasket.

Put some rust remover on the water pump housing and some other parts.

Jobs to do before RBRR

Put head back on
Clean/paint some of the parts whilst they are off.
Put new hoses on
Flush engine out
Get the carbs balanced
Fit headlight relays

Jobs if I get time:
Put Hard top on
Get stereo working

willows40 wrote:
mine passed mot today. Just got to find out why its got no oil pressure and hopefully get a headlining fitted if not hope it doesn`t rain to much.

andy

Is it still the original "CR" Mk1 PI engine??

They run a bit lower pressure I beleive due to the crank (can anyone confirm this?) but I abandonned all hope when my hit 20psi at 2500rpm.

The shells still look good on the ones I checked so I think just worn all over.

How bad is yours??

Cheers

Colin

Archived