Who's got what to do for 2010?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well just over a month to go, so I suppose it's time to start our prep!

As Colin has already indicated, we've abandoned plans to use the 1300tc. This is due to it needing a complete mechanical rebuild and although the bodywork is sound, I suspect that most of my repairs from 20+ years ago may now need re-visiting to bring them up to current MOT standards!

So last Saturday, we exhumed my Dolly Sprint.  Off the road since 2001, it needs a complete brake overhaul.  Initial checks also revealed a small bit of welding required inside the o/s/r wheelarch, leaky axle hub & pinion oil seals, a defective horn and a lumpy front wheel bearing. It'll also benefit from some cosmetic paintwork and a set of new tyres.

40 days to go - Hmmmn  . . . . . . .

Went to the doctor yesterday, big cast removed. "The Finger" looks good.  So far the severed part is re attaching.  Only small bandage on the one finger.  Go back in 4 weeks for a final check.  The pin will be removed then. I am able to do more now, should be able to do more soon.  

'

Started working on the GT today. It fired up straight away after 5 months not having moved at all.

Been playing with the CRX seats and Golf radiator. We have to make up some brackets and stuff in the following days so the modern gear can be fitted to the old car. Also took the interior out for the gearbox change.

RBRR here we come!  ;D

GT6_User_and_Abuser wrote:
using m1155s on the Spitfire, GT6 and 2000. I had smoke piling off the brakes on the 10CR (as a few will confirm) and very little fade.

"M1144 is mostly aimed at fast road use although M1155 can also be used on the road if bedded in properly." according to the first google result. http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/mintex-brake-pads.htm

How do you find them in cold road use?

Cheers!

1874 wrote:
Dolomite 1500se
    Just a few things to do
Some welding,brakes,diff oil seal, gearbox mounting,exhaust,service,
2 tyres, insurance, test, tax.
           it does start up though, suppose id best be getting started
                   not long now

Steve

from 28th  apr [as above] till now all ive done is take off 2 doors and bonnet and park it in the garage.
time has flown by so now got a week off work to get it into some sort of shape for the mot.
it will be legal and running in time for the rbrr but wont look pretty but who cares :)
any way must go work to do

steve

hmm, just dragged  (literally) my spit from the back garden cos it's time to get my act together with regards RBRR prep.  after a few minutes poking around it i see that i need; new headlights, new petrol tank, yet another set of driveshaft ujs, new front quarter valances, a new indicator switch, new wiper blades, full wheel alignment and balance, new rear wings, a full service and an MOT, plus tax and insurance.     so who knows what i'll find when i have a proper look around it!!!!

Archived