THEN HOME ACROSS THE SEA
ON THE FERRY WE WILL TAKE TO THE CHANNEL
BUT FOR SOME IT WILL BE EASY
ALBEIT A BIT QUEASY
ON A HOVER MOWER WITH `SHED` PAINTED ON THE SIDE PANEL

ANON

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well,  the Ecosse trial was a test for the cars and they went well apart from a little vibration at [s]80mph.[/s] 70mph
Just need to dissassemble the back end ,check everythings OK  and reasemble.Balance the prop shaft and hey presto
Unless we get the Autosolo in before we go.........then start allover again

• 2 weeks later...

I have been informed that DollyRoo is back up and running.  Goes for her MOT soon.  Some test drives then we will be all set.  I will be in England the Sunday before the run and for the week after.  Plan on making the Goodwood Revial and a drive up to Meltham in Yorkshire.  

Woo Hoo!  The PI went straight through the MoT today - phew!  So that leaves us free to tinker with desirable improvements, and not the ones dictated by needing to get through the MoT!!  On the list is to fit the anti-roll bar kit that I bought recently off eBay (now stripped, powder coated, and ready for re-assembly with Superflex bushes and refitting), get my grotty spare set of S wheels re-polished and looking lovely and fitted with new tyres, swap out all the glass for the tinted set that I picked up from eBay (which may also point to replacing the headlining while we're about it....) - oh, and fitting the new re-calibrated metering unit which arrived today!!  
Then, if there's any money or time left (which is doubtful) we could start tidying up the bodywork....

No MOT for the DHC this year, being 30 years old means she only needs an MOT every two years  :)
But will take her for a little (two week) test drive in the Alps in less than two weeks time  8)
Might even get the accommodation in Italy sorted then  ::)

She refuses to start at the moment. Still have to change throttle/choke mechanism and get fuelling right, clutch hydraulics need overhaul and interior needs tidying up. Oh, and what with all the talk about trunnions breaking the other week I have purchased both sides to replace. And get an MOT.

smithy wrote:
Eh? Where's the logic? "The car's getting older so we'll test it less often?" that's odd!
Sorry - jealousy talking. As you were.....

I know no logic at all, that's why we're Dutch, but I don't complain  ;D

Goody wrote:
I have been informed that DollyRoo is back up and running.  Goes for her MOT soon.  Some test drives then we will be all set.  

Did the first re-torque on the head tonight then ran the engine for a short while, giving it a basic tune up at the same time. The rebuilt engine sounds lovely and is totally leak free at the moment, but then it usually takes a while before the characteristic Triumph incontinence starts  ;D  The car actually moved under its own power for the first time in a few months too, only a few feet but nice all the same  8)

Time to check the rest of the car over and get it in for an MOT.

Just pulled the DHC from the shed for next week’s Alpine Tour.
At least I now know that the wipers are still working, the soft top is still pretty much waterproof
and the Yokohama tires behave much better in the wet compared to the Continentals .

Archived