10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have now cured the mis-fire, thanks to a pointer from Carl Shakespeare, tiny bit of dirt in 1-way valve in fuel pump.

Odd how it would rev cleanly to 2500rpm, and not go over.

Suspect it started cavitating at 2500rpm's worth pf pumping actions (1250ppm??)

Now revs to 5000rpm in all 4 gears.

will fit better seats then return it to the owner with a list of jobs for HIM to do on it.

:-)

Colin

herald back together and OD working, new solenoid fixed it. Need to sort out tracking and get a couple of new front tyres.... but should me ok as the backup car :)
so back to GT6 still getiting a bit of missing so might go back to the mechanical fuel pump.  should not say this but it seems to ok but there is still plenty of time for it to  break...

mike

Bugger... wire from OD siwthc to OD broke today. I hate taking the gearbox cover out of the GT6 but managed to get it out, rewired the switch, tested  and refitted in just over 2 hours!
Guess it better it happened now than in a couple of weeks time...
Herald is all done, could do with a tune but filled with new fluids, front tyres tracked and generally given some much needed TLC.  SO it on standby if the GT6 refuses to leave East Anglia again....
mike

mpbarrett wrote:
Bugger... wire from OD siwthc to OD broke today. I hate taking the gearbox cover out of the GT6 but managed to get it out, rewired the switch, tested  and refitted in just over 2 hours!
Guess it better it happened now than in a couple of weeks time...
Herald is all done, could do with a tune but filled with new fluids, front tyres tracked and generally given some much needed TLC.  SO it on standby if the GT6 refuses to leave East Anglia again....
mike

IF !   :X :)

Gertie is now back complete with rebuilt gearbox. (Its so quiet, I now have a whole new set of noises to listen to that I never heard before! ;D)

Jobs this weekend:

Fit replacement alternator
Fit cooler running thermostat (I'm thinking of all the mountaineering we'll be doing!)
Fit Alfa Romeo 156 front seats. (Comfort factor! 8))

Bits left to buy:

GB Sticker
Headlight 'Beam benders'!
New set of spark plugs for spares.

Then my wallet can have a short break before we go!  :o

391 wrote:
Gertie is now back complete with rebuilt gearbox. (Its so quiet, I now have a whole new set of noises to listen to that I never heard before! ;D)

Jobs this weekend:

Fit replacement alternator
Fit cooler running thermostat (I'm thinking of all the mountaineering we'll be doing!)
Fit Alfa Romeo 156 front seats. (Comfort factor! 8))

Bits left to buy:

GB Sticker
Headlight 'Beam benders'!
New set of spark plugs for spares.

Then my wallet can have a short break before we go!  :o

All sounding rather good. :)
I read your message by the way, it's only now that I'm able to sit down at the computer and catch up with everything.

Have a look at Halfords and get their magnetic kit. I've got a magnetic GB if it's needed and even the benders. I didn't bother to use them last time and I'm not sure where they are now!

Bought a strut brace at Stafford from our very own Mr Brake, fitted that this evening, looking forward to give it a run tomorrow, been let down by Mintex, thinking about other brakes pads to use, getting a four wheel tracking and having the wheels rebalanced, so just the pads when I get them and change the brake fluid which is just over two years old, but hey lets be careful out there.

Service just carried out and now have fully functioning overdrive.....what a relief ! Jobs left to do. MOT next Wednesday, shouldn't be a problem as its only done around 50 miles since the last one. Fit headlamp beam deflectors. Flush out cooling system.Bleed brakes.Wash and polish and a couple of sizeable runs to give it a shake down. May fit the blue MK2 seats and the new carpet i bought about 5 years ago ( !! ) if time allows.

val1300 wrote:
Service just carried out and now have fully functioning overdrive.....what a relief ! Jobs left to do. MOT next Wednesday, shouldn't be a problem as its only done around 50 miles since the last one. Fit headlamp beam deflectors. Flush out cooling system.Bleed brakes.Wash and polish and a couple of sizeable runs to give it a shake down. May fit the blue MK2 seats and the new carpet i bought about 5 years ago ( !! ) if time allows.

You really ought to have done at least 10 times that mileage by now.....  :-/

As you say, get out and do some 3-400 mile runs.

I am concerned that the car I am doing it in hasn't done the miles.... or been looked after at all for 2 years.

You may be flying past me broken down somewhere. I'll be teh one shouting lots of rude words at the owner of thecar.. :-)

Colin

2 important jobs completed today

1. Changed the oil - now running on Valvoline VR1 20/50

2. Checked the electric kettle is still working after a 2 year layoff! And it doesn't blow the cigar lighter socket like it did on the Spitfire, so no bonnet lifting this time! ;D

Steve

Archived