10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

391 wrote:

So it'll be no different to last year's Round Britain then!  ;D

That hadn't turned a wheel for 15 years! But I trusted the owner to do a good job.

My co-driver for the 10CR is always "too busy to work on teh car" when ever I have nagged him.

He is back from his holiday today, so it goes back this weekend, with a jobs list attached.

Cheers

Colin

10CR prep for me has been ongoing since April when the TR6 let me (and Colin) down on the HCR. Diff was replaced back in May, but jobs done in the last few weeks include :

- New radiator.
- New steering rack mounts and bushes.
- Uprated rear springs and telescopic shock conversion.
- New front brake calipers + pads
- New exhaust.

Next came the things that drive you nuts on a long drive.

- Cure rattling bonnet.
- Cure rattling soft-top frame.
- Fix collapsing door cards (with self tappers)

We're off to Cardiff then Droitwich next week, about an 800 mile round trip, so should throw up anything else that might be problematic. The stickers aren't going on until Wednesday the 7th - just in case I need to call on the estate as backup.

Also, I raised this on the TR forum, but have had no responses.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=30909

anyone know if that nylon roller should rotate?

Russell.

RussellBanyard wrote:

Russell.

I am pretty sure it should rotate. similar linkage to a twin HS6 by the looks of it.

Now how to remove the roller and get a new one manufactured, not sure.

Cheers

Colin

RussellBanyard wrote:

Russell.

I am pretty sure it should rotate. similar linkage to a twin HS6 by the looks of it.

Cheers

Colin

thescrapman wrote:

Cheers

Colin

Yes, it's riveted on. I'm thinking perhaps fill the slot with araldite, then sleeve the roller with something (heatshrink). That should return it to a barrel shape.

I'll see how it goes next week by keeping it well greased. It's probably taken 12000 miles to wear that groove without any attention from me.

... and pottering about today, the car decides to run on 5 for about 10 miles. Get home and no pulsing on injector 2. Pull it out, blow through and flick the end, put it back together. Back on 6 - yay - take for test drive , after 500 yards, back on 5.

Back home, repeat pull, blow, flick, reassemble. Back on 6, quick 20 mile blast to Felixstowe and back and still on 6

Will keep an eye on it, but does anyone have any tips on getting the insulators out of the thottle bodies without mangling them? The insulator seemed stuck-fast. My two spare injectors are push-ins, and this injector is a screw in.

heraldhabitat wrote:
been let down by Mintex, thinking about other brakes pads to use

If you can find some proper old-stock, actual ASBESTOS pads, these will probably be at least as good as the Mintex, just not as healthy.....  Ferodo DS2500 are pretty good (bit less bit from cold than M1144) but likely to be fairly dear.  Not sure where you buy saloon ones from either?

Nick

339 wrote:

So is it any cooler?  

I'm hoping mine is,

I have lined the bottom with the bitumen/foil type sound proofing and the top too.
With luck it will be quieter and cooler, I have also finally removed the cardboard engine side panels to see if that helps.

Maybe we will become team trousers ;D

Somehow I doubt it  ;)

tiggrr1 wrote:

I'm hoping mine is,

I have lined the bottom with the bitumen/foil type sound proofing and the top too.
With luck it will be quieter and cooler, I have also finally removed the cardboard engine side panels to see if that helps.

Maybe we will become team trousers ;D

Somehow I doubt it  ;)

..hope you remebered the cutting of trap door for g/box oil filling

Archived