10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ajp wrote:
Bollocks another 1.30 am finish you would think that I got that list finished! no chance

I feel your pain Andy! I'm stuck at work today on a 12hr shift so effectively lose today :-(
Gonna review the route and check satnav, maps etc. if work does not interrupt.

Back out into the garage for a long day tomorrow . . . . . and probably the day after. . .  and the day after that    :-/

At least the welder is now put away  :o

Well I have just finished fixing the 4th (and primary) backup car. New seals in clutch master and a new set of front springs.

5th backup car is ready in garage just in case.

Not taking any chances as TR4 I am supposed to be taking is in being fixed by Mr Picton (teh owner is "too busy", yeah, too busy on PJ's! )

so I now have the Mk3 Spitfire as first reserve, the Mk1 PI aas second, the Mk2 Pi as third, the Mk1 2000 auto as fourth ,and the Mk2 2000 auto as 5th, but only after a full restoration in 2 days... so perhaps not... :-) That said MikeyB is on a flyer, I might just sneak it in teh garage and hope he doesn't notice... :-)

MikeyB wrote:

yeh but I have no backup apart from the S2000 (yeah tempted :-) ) but just noticed the insurance runs out mid way through trip  :-/

You have plenty of backup cars, just maybe not your first choice for a trip round europe. Herald for instance, or Spitfire. You could even change the gearbox in the Sprint.

Anyway, it is your lucky day as I'm lining up backup cars for you as well as I know how little time you have had this year to work in tha garage.. :-)

I think Daves Mk1 auto will do just fine, nice big comforatable back seat, perfect for a kip.

Put a better drivers seat in the green PI, so that would do you as well.

Cheers

Colin

Sod it.  PI got yet another sodding misfire.  And the brakes remain crap too.  Can't be doing with this, and need to recognise that I am a mechanical numpty.  Sadly, decision made to take the backup car.  Once again, Ellis will be showing me a clean pair of heels..... :(  But at least I'm confident that I'll be there to see them.....

MikeyB wrote:

I feel your pain Andy! I'm stuck at work today on a 12hr shift so effectively lose today :-(
Gonna review the route and check satnav, maps etc. if work does not interrupt.

Back out into the garage for a long day tomorrow . . . . . and probably the day after. . .  and the day after that    :-/

At least the welder is now put away  :o

Its a really really really nice feeling when the welder goes away....then it hits you your looking at a car that hasn't run for 13 years! doh!

858 wrote:
Sod it.  PI got yet another sodding misfire.  And the brakes remain crap too.  Can't be doing with this, and need to recognise that I am a mechanical numpty.  Sadly, decision made to take the backup car.  Once again, Ellis will be showing me a clean pair of heels..... :(  But at least I'm confident that I'll be there to see them.....

You mean Trellis Noakes amber gambler!

thescrapman wrote:
Well feedback is that the new calipers are on and the brake pedal just goes to the floor. And the clutch hydralics are still not working properly.

Mmm, just starting to get worried now.

:-(

should have started sooner!

now where have I heard that before?    :-/

Fitted the very expensive new driveshafts last night and noticed the brakes shoes to be fairly worn on the offside when compared to the nearside. The trip to work today showed up why - the offside was running hot, so that's another job on the list and more spare parts to buy  :(

New shafts were superb though!

Unlike some on here I had a day off today............................................................because I'm fed up with buggering about with the overdrive :'( :'( :'(  Going without it now :( :( :(

Still to do

refit a few bits of the interior including the mini itx pc that I use for the megajolt, may be trying different maps as we climb higher :)

Oil Trunnions or better still strip and inspect then oil up.

Don't worry Gaz Silicone water hoses are fitted, good job as the top hose fell apart as I was taking it off :o :o :o

MikeyB wrote:

should have started sooner!

now where have I heard that before?    :-/

I hadn't noticed him start yet! Have you???

Others have started at the last minute on his behalf though.

I started in plenty of time on the backup car... :-)

I get a funny feeling my Wednesday of relaxation is not going to be very relaxing.

Cheers

Colin

car washed and polished, realised it time to stop when I got the Brasso out to polish the exhaust pipe.....
Herald has nice shiny new disk and pads and so is ready as backup car.
Have told Libby not to go up and down any stairs for the next 4 days.....
just need to finish checking the route out, I did spend the evening watching the original 1969 "Itilian Job" film lots of lovely alpine passes.... Just hope we dont meet any JCB's on the way.....

Still plenty of time for something to break   ;)

Mike and Libby

sparky_spit wrote:
Team 20 Spitfire Mk3 finished prep today. Just got to fill the car with tools, spares and food.  Only problem is I can't find my spare front hub. If I don't find it and take it you can bet we'll knacker a bearing and need it.

Mike, if its the front hub bearing kit you can't find, let me know and I'll put my spare in the boot - I won't need it this year - using the Stag for a change :)

Steve

sparky_spit wrote:
Team 20 Spitfire Mk3 finished prep today. Just got to fill the car with tools, spares and food.  Only problem is I can't find my spare front hub. If I don't find it and take it you can bet we'll knacker a bearing and need it.

I ll have mine aswell,Mike, and the rear and the pullers....dont want you to feel insecure...

tiggrr1 wrote:

Don't worry Gaz Silicone water hoses are fitted, good job as the top hose fell apart as I was taking it off :o :o :o

Nice one mate...! Glad the post office collection point had them after the 'knock and run' postman you have erm....attemted delivery of them thar hoses... :-/(pray)

What colour hoses have you gone for pal? Yellow and pink i hope???? :) :) :)

Just back from 4 nights away and put 530 miles on the TR6 - most of that was getting there and back 250 miles each way. Seems to be doing 27mpg and no issues to report. Will check all the fluids tomorrow, including diff and gearbox, then we're as ready as we'll ever be.

Was also a good chance to get used to using the sat-nav (TomTom on Ipod touch) - as never really used one in earnest before.

Been a good day today, the list of things to do is getting shorter;
• [s]Flush gearbox;[/s]
•  [s]Oil + filter change;[/s]
•  [s]Fit new hi torque starter motor;[/s]
•  [s]Fit new front pads;[/s]
    The old ones were rather scorched to sat the least.
• Change brake and clutch fluid;
• Sort dashboard lights;
• [s]Change fuel cap seal[/s];
• [s]Check condition of thermostat gasket[/s]
    Looks allright, managed to tighten the bolts a bit, so should be OK
    Will take a spare with me just in case (doesn't take much room).
• [s]Check condition of viscous coupling[/s]
    Had all  the signs of being on the way out so replaced it.
    Also found some cracks in the fan itself, so changed that too.
• [s]Replace door mirror;[/s]
• General check over;
• Clean, wash and polish the car ...

Archived