10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

ferny wrote:
Make certainly deserves something! ;D

I still haven't arranged how I'm getting home from the pub yet. I'm sure I'll figure something out, when going along the m25 on the way back. ;D

If you could try and figure it out before the A127 turn off that would be great!

I wont have to come back to the pub then!  ;D

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early this morning the clutch was a little better, with something of gear change possible.
After a second bleed it's fully functional again.
Even got time start packing and cleaning the car  :)

Loading my back up navigator (GPS) at the moment  ::)

Steve and Mike VR - many thanks for the offers but not needed now. I still have not found my spare front hub/disc however (I think the shed pixies have taken it to use as a coffee table) so I phoned up and asked the lovely Mrs Canley to send me a new bearing kit, which arrived in the post yesterday. Sorted.

Well I'm co- driving with James Shackford and I'm still in Winnipeg CA - just a couple more flights and praying that BA don't strike or Iceland erupts again and I'm a bacon butty away from Terminal 5 at 7am Thursday morning then off to Dover  :) :) ;D

Oh and I was bored yesterday and found that Fram filters for spin-on conversions were real cheap here so bought a few (Tom, James, Dave?).....

sparky_spit wrote:

Do you think Dangerous Dave does this to you on purpose?

Come on now — last time I got my car MOT'ed just as the event was officially starting :)

I'm going to pop over to The Plough on Thursday morning before work to see everyone :)

New high efficiency radiator and hoses fitted

handbrake and wheel bearings adjusted

rally plate fitted to front

new tyres fitted to backup car (S2000)

rally plate to be fitted to back then test drive and final decision.   Fingers crossed    :o

Bloody Stag!

Broke down on test drive - fuel pump points corroded. Roadside repair made harder by the error of not putting the electrical toolbox in the boot - doh!

Scraped with a stanley knife and did a 20 mile blat up and down the A12, drum still hot to touch after but backplate and hubnut/centre still fairly cool.

Shoes on that side were the almost unworn ones off the spares Stag so could just be bedding in.

Decision made, Stag will be running the event, but might pack spare shaft just in case I cook a bearing   :D

Got to MOt station at 3:45 and the computer sid Uh-AAARRRGGGGH. Too early. Eh?

Seems he did MOT it just lost the paperwork in the meantime, and had no recollection of going to get it.

Did notice some brake fuild loss since the brakes were check yesterday, but we think that has been traced to a faulty cap on the master cyl.

So packed my half and left him to it, ,if he ever gets home from work.

I think he might be burning the midnight oil tonight.

Cheers

Colin

news from team shed - in gay friendly hotel in Dunkirk (that homer booked!) Homer has set up home cinema and connected lap top to room tv (television that is not trans gender person) Spitfire running okish few little worries but hey ho we are here ready for the euro start point a few miles down the road

Archived