10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

Well, someone had to start it  ;D

In my case, haven't looked and likely to remain that way until 2011.

So let's hear about the squishy brakes, wobbly wheel bearings, floppy shocks, lazy wipers, rusty whatever, rattly gearboxes, smokey engines, self destructing electrics, dim lights, 8mpg and dropping horror stories all fixed and made ready for the parade.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we never manage to finish anything due to the GT6 always going into a grump. We are trying a different approach for the 10CR. We are going to prepare both cars and then when the GT6 packs up just before we leave we will jump into  the Herald and use that (and at the same time activate the Ebay listing of the GT6......).

However as the RBRR has finished and the propshaft has been replaced the GT6 is actually running beautifully again with no vibrations... apart from having to  replace the fuel pump that packed up between driving the car out of the garage and the road....

Actually we are thinking of a mid summer pre 10CR blast from East Anglia to the Lakes and back over a weekend to try to break the GT6 before it hits Europe.

Mike and Libby..

I will know more when 32Valves looks at my car when he looks at his.  Plan is to re install after rebuild the 2L engine back in.  Unless of course we find a sweet Sprint engine cheap?
Boath Dollys are sung in a garage resting comphy.  You all know what happens when 2 Triumph's sleep together,,,,,,,,,,,,They have a offspring  ??)

I am a moderator and the above is NOT an ADD!   :X

Hmmm well, of our three teams we have:

Vitesse : new carb set to be installed

2000 estate : various tweaks to try and stop it blowing oil all over the place.

Tr4 : ah, well, that's currently in 367 different bits having a new chassis installed,replacing a bent front wing and being resprayed. Should get there I hope.

Well with three kids a very old falling  down house to restore, day job work etc etc dont think the Slag will get finished this year,so it will be the shed again but planning to fit the engine it should have in it a 1967 MK1 2,000 lump with some "shedifications"  this will get it back within the "pre 68" classic regs for other events and the like which has always been my long term plan ...sort of ish in a shed like way

MOE has sprung a leak in the PAS great, is 5k all I can expect from a recon rack? bit of a vibration  when ever so slightly over the legal limit  ;) which will need looking at and to find someone with a lot more knowledge than I have with fabricating so I can have my very comfortable rover 600 seats fitted. Depending on budget might get some better quality tyres fitted.

• 1 month later...

Archived