10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

32valves wrote:
Well, kicked off the mechanical prep yesterday by unbolting a few things in readiness for some major surgery, first time I've touched a Triumph since the RBRR. It's begun ....  ;D

Major Surgery???

I'm not sure what needs doing to the car I am in, I do know it has a wonky front wheel though... :-(

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Mk1 has turned into a bigger project than I expected, but I shall persevere with it and see where we get.  :-/

I will also keep the Mk2 saloon up to spec as well in case I need a back up! (hopefully with a 2.5 engine though!)  :)

391 wrote:
Well the Mk1 has turned into a bigger project than I expected, but I shall persevere with it and see where we get.  :-/

I will also keep the Mk2 saloon up to spec as well in case I need a back up! (hopefully with a 2.5 engine though!)  :)

No extra pressure, but I'm really looking forward to doing the 10cr in the mk1 can you not be a bit more creative with the gaffer tape, I know your an expert as I remember the wheel arches on one of your cars being entirely gaffer tape.
Cheers,
Floyd

FloydP wrote:

No extra pressure, but I'm really looking forward to doing the 10cr in the mk1 can you not be a bit more creative with the gaffer tape, I know your an expert as I remember the wheel arches on one of your cars being entirely gaffer tape.
Cheers,
Floyd

Yes, but you've got to have something there to stick the gaffa tape onto n the first place Floyd!  ;D

• 2 months later...

Stag  is currently up at Favershams having her MOT and a full service. She is also having two new NOS silencers fitted that I picked up recently on the 'bay. So hopefully all that will need doing nearer the date is fluid checks.

I also have a radio to fit and extension socket for the phone charger, sat nav.

GT6_Don wrote:
"So hopefully all that will need doing nearer the date is fluid checks."

I'm with you Steve, I'm also finding that the older I get the more fluid checks I need to make.

;D ;D ;D ;D nice one Don

• 3 weeks later...

Well the shedtune entry will be going topless this year! Homer and I have always wanted to to the 10cr with the wind (not his) in our hair So I have been looking out for a "barn find" spitfire or similar to get sorted on a very tight budget as luck would have it a good friend turned up this little beauty decks a bit rotten but after fitting a new battery and a bit of hot wiring jiggery pokery I got the thing fired up and took it for a test blast
Can wait to nail this bugger up the Alps its going to be great fun!  have a look

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797448918

Progress at last! MOT passed yesterday.  :)

Now to find out why it grumbles at 60mph and also why the overdrive switch sends 12 volts up my left arm instead of down to the gearbox!  (I like the tingling sensation it gives though I have to say! ;D)

391 wrote:
Progress at last! MOT passed yesterday.  :)

Now to find out why it grumbles at 60mph and also why the overdrive switch sends 12 volts up my left arm instead of down to the gearbox!  (I like the tingling sensation it gives though I have to say! ;D)

Leave it alone.......it will keep you awake going over the Alps... ;D

Archived