10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, time is marching on......  looks like the old engine gets to play in the Alps again.  Best pack plenty of oil and Wynns!

New fuel pump needed - old one sounds like it's full of rocks now.  Tracking all round.  Get front wheels properly balanced.  Full service.  Dig out some spares (used a lot of my "spares" doing the PI - EFI conversion!)

Nick

michael_charlton wrote:
Well the prop shaft has been reworked and balanced and now back on the car
Last job.....lift my silencer back end and thats it....... :-/

...and thats now been done
A newly made `Y` piece of S/S ,shaped to now lift the two boxes up to the rear chassis cross member
I defy any Dutch railway lines to now whip off my twin boxes

MOE is in the shop, getting new front strut inserts, bushes, thrust washer etc, new water, emission hoses and a service. Got a peculiar vibration at low speeds but at 70ish not a problem prop is off to be checked but it's only done about 5k since overhaul, I have ordered the mintex 1144 pads which should be here in August. Just got to decide if i'm going to update the lights and wiring,  

Just back from a two week trip to the Süd Tirol area, a few items need sorting;
• Fuel filler cap's leaking, needs a new seal;
• Thermostat gasket is leaking very lightly, needs a new one as it is 18 years old now;
• Will proibably fit a new gear box, current one is starting to rattle a bit;
• Dampers need to be stiffened up slightly;
• Might need some new front pads, current one got quite a beating  ::)
And of course a general service.

beans wrote:
Just back from a two week trip to the Süd Tirol area, a few items need sorting;
• Fuel filler cap's leaking, needs a new seal;
• Thermostat gasket is leaking very lightly, needs a new one as it is 18 years old now;
• Will proibably fit a new gear box, current one is starting to rattle a bit;
• Dampers need to be stiffened up slightly;
• Might need some new front pads, current one got quite a beating  ::)
And of course a general service.

....not a lot then  ;)

Team Sauna Calling!  :o 8)

Just sneaked half hr in the garage during the current 'new house DIYathon'! :o

Removed Rad and front pulley ready for Megajolt install!  ;)

Then its cardboard tunnel out ABS tunnel in,
And then try sort out steering wheel shake 60-70mph.

Tick tock eh!!

GT6 passed MOT no adviseries!

Need full service, fit electric fuel pump and remove gearbox cover and try to seal it better and adjust reverse stop bolt as its come loose.
Still need to start on the backup car (the herald), that needs full service and OD sorting......
plenty of time......

mike

Last couple of jobs to do on Bill's car (I hope !) then it's on to mine. So far all I've managed to do is get it running in the yard. Needs an MOT in the next couple of weeks and there's a few jobs to do. Running out of time as I'm away for about 15 days in total between now and the start.

Still undecided on which Mk1 saloon to use yet.

One needs rear wheel bearings, possibly a starter motor and paint, the other needs the head removed (again!) and a noisy gearbox sorted out!

Not much to do then!!!!  :-/

gave GT6 a full service over the weekend. Took gearbox cover off (hate that job) and fixed gear lever, did gearbox oil and sealed the cover properly.
Only jobs left are fit controller for electric fan and fit an eletric fuel pump.
I wonder if I can leave the original one in place as a spare? Would running it dry kill it?
Still need to get the backup car (Herald) ready.... thats needs full service and gearbox OD problem sorted.
42 days plenty of time......

Mike

Archived