RBRR 2018 IMPORTANT NOTICE

I believe the new site doesn't send emails to Hotmail accounts... you go to login, for both myself and my former team (split forces and entered two cars this year) it asked us to enter a new password, we then got a screen with "an authentification email has been sent" or similar. Until you click the link in that email you'll get the "bad username or password" error. However if you have a Hotmail account it may never arrive, in both of our cases a PM to Keith got us manually authentificated instead.

Thanks due to Keith for sorting us out, and I suspect many many others.

Glad I'd at least found the issue with mine earlier in the week and put in a trial entry so like McJim my real one was straightforward!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt

I suspect that it is Hotmail that is not playing ball, they have been a nightmare for as long as I can remember, the filters are very unpredictable, all in the name of keeping you free from spam.

You really need to get an account that filters nothing, and do your own filtering.

I have my own domain and it directs to a mail server I can switch off all filtering on.

Hi all,

Been trying to work the system since yesterday morning, also have found i have the same issues using a Hotmail account so made a new user with a different email address which has made my account fine however now ive tried to verify my membership number unfortunately its stuck on my membership status saying application in progress. I cant even see the entry button just yet!

The system does not verify email addresses so it makes no judgement on who to send to - if you say your email address is fluffy@numnum.com it will gleefully send an email out - what happens to it in the interweb is anyone's guess. It does what it's told and yes, Hotmail is a petulant provider but our system has not put it on the naughty step and will treat it just the same as any other address.!

Some update from last night and observations about problems.

The server stayed up and didn't crash, it was running at 100% so users saw some very slow response times.
Users did get impatient and keyboards were mashed, we had a few duplicates and we will refund anyone who paid twice.
Most issues were caused by a lack of preparation by users who chose to sign in for the first time at the busiest period and then got frustrated because they didn't get an Amazon like experience - the system was designed and set up by a couple of amateurs on a tight budget, we could have set up to do meet that Amazon like expectation if we'd committed a few more thousand pounds to our cost and passed that on to entrants, we don't want to do that.

Many of you have been complementary and patient, thank you. For those experiencing problems here's some generic advice.

• PLEASE (please!) read page 12 of November's Club Mag, you need to be registered on the web site to get anywhere, your old credentials should have migrated but in case they didn't or you've forgotten them RTFM
  • Inputs are case sensitive
  • Don't just put the same bad details in over and over, you will get locked out
  • Don't let your browser put your password in for you, do it manually
  • If you're using obscure, old or modified browsers try something more conventional - I'm using Chrome (not sure what Keith uses)
  • The address you need is [Sorry, link no longer available] this should take you to the entry list
  • If you don't see an ENTER" button, please ensure the page has loaded, try pressing F5 and refreshing the page
  • Are you actually a member? If your membership has lapsed you will need to sign up or renew - that process is the same as ever and has not changed, Tony Pulis can help with that
  • "In_Payment" means the system has got your entry but there is an issue with the payment - if you get this please contact Keith or I with your name, membership number and the last 4 digits of the card you used.
  • The current team numbering is FUBAR, the coded method of counting could not cope and so we have weird numbering - we will sort this manually over the weekend so expect your numbers to change (please don't ask for a specific number, I won't be able to do that)
  • Do not panic - we are not full yet and will sort out these issues

Quoted from daneggies1
HI Jason

My account is now sorted! and all details present however at place number 117 its put me into a reserve spot and suggested that places are full! is this an issue my end ?

cheers

Don't worry - how do you mean "reserve spot"? what have you got that makes you think that? The ceiling for entries is set at 140, there's no reserve list (unless we've got a hangup from an earlier version of the system!)

Quoted from Jason

Most issues were caused by a lack of preparation by users who chose to sign in for the first time at the busiest period

I would take issue with this statement as the new web site address was not publicised so how can users prepare prior to the event. It feels to me that as club officers had been given the web address for testing in advance they automatically assumed that everyone else new it.  As the Web site had been in test mode it did not show up in a web search and still does not though this should change over the next few days as it populates out across the interweb. I only found out what it was by asking questions on the forum and that even took a couple of days before I got an answer. I believe from comments made by club officers an assumption was also made that the web address was in Keith's article in Club Torque but it was not.

But on a positive note the new web site is very good and yes it was slow yesterday but that was to be expected with the large volume of traffic that hit it at post 7pm so well done to all involved.

Mark

I must say that despite being a club triumph member for a number of years I hadn’t enrolled on to the website. I thought that I had nothing better to do than to just load up the website, put in my details, membership no for enrolment onto the RBRR. How wrong I was and judging by the the other posts so was a lot of others.

I wonder how many “rookies” managed to log into the mysterious new site and log, or is my cynicism getting the better of me and those that have participated before all managing to enrol again. Not a happy bunny.

On behalf of someone who was quaking in his boots and waiting (with every other Club officer) for a barrage of angry or confused mails, texts and phone calls if the new site fell over last night I would like to say a very big "Well Done" to Keith for all his hard work getting this up and running in time. I know it has been a major undertaking and that I for one have given less assistance than I should have (sorry), but it seems to me that your efforts were well worth it mate!

Don't forget all the people that have organised this RBRR and the new website have all done so out of there own time, we all knew there could possibly be problems.

I'm a rookie, never done the RBRR before, but took it on myself a few weeks ago to look at the new website and log on for he first time. I didn't want to miss out as I always look at my Essex friends in aww as they get there cars ready and zoooooom off.

Massive thumbs up from me to the club and the volunteers who have put this all together 😉

Cheers

Darren

Just to allay fears - there's no reserve list, the system has a counting issue and that's why the team numbers are all over the shop - don't worry, we aren't into the reserve list until we get to 140 entries. We will tidy it up now, there are a few abandoned transactions in there and I will go through and remove them.

So far we have about a 10% error and issues rate - we are working through them.

Quoted from 13023
I must say that despite being a club triumph member for a number of years I hadn’t enrolled on to the website. I thought that I had nothing better to do than to just load up the website, put in my details, membership no for enrolment onto the RBRR. How wrong I was and judging by the the other posts so was a lot of others.

I wonder how many “rookies” managed to log into the mysterious new site and log, or is my cynicism getting the better of me and those that have participated before all managing to enrol again. Not a happy bunny.

Nope, I have particpated before, and am a forum moderator, and I had issues logging on (but that was about a week ago, I thought it best to have a try before the actual opening)
It was a brave move to get the website live with the RBRR entries opening, and has largely worked. Yes, a few problems, but they are being worked out and it seems nobody will be disappointed. Or at least not yet.

Have you got your entry sorted now? I hope so!

Quoted from 13023

Got to say that I am disappointed by this message, not really in the spirit of things.

Keith has worked tirelessly on the CT website on for years and years, certainly beyond the call of duty for a hobby.

Jason is working damn hard on the CT entry admin, nearly all the problems have been down to people just getting confused with their usernames and passwords, with a few having issues with bank details. This is not big problem, we are all just human. All have been dealt with in a professional manner. Jason was up until the early hours of this morning going through things righting problems.

To infer that we are partial to those who have taken part before is such complete and utter tosh and quite frankly, insulting.

The RBRR team has fun putting this event together and get tremendous pleasure from the whole experience. We go out of our way to ensure that newbies have a great time, we constantly evolve the event and understand that new crews are important to the future of the event.

This is my 7th RBRR as the Main Organiser and I am always amazed and delighted at the response of the Club's membership to the event, thanks to all for the support.

You may see some status changes as we work through the list. If you were on the phantom reserve list please do the following;

• Sign in to https://clubtriumph.ltd
  • Go to you profile page, then go to the event entry.
  • Go to 'settings' then 'edit entry details'
  • Go through and check / amend your entry and you will be taken to the payment screen at the end
  • Once completed, you will then become submitted like everyone.

Hear hear Tim. massive thanks to the whole team and Jason and Keith should  take particular bows. It was always going to be a challenge to go live on the new website for RBRR entry but it never crashed. I decided to let the predictable initial rush die down a bit and around 20.00 even a septuagenarian computer duffer like me was able to get my entry done and dusted in under 5 minutes. I can recall several complaints from people in previous years that they didn't want to be bothered with posting cheques and asking why couldn't they pay on line. Seems you will never please everybody!

Tim  

I think it was a remarkable achievement and the fact that I managed using an iPhone whilst drinking fishbowls of gin and tonic eating anchovies in a Tapas bar in Madrid, using a Swedish debit card speaks volumes of the overall robustness of the new website. Thanks for all the handy hints. See you all in October

For those of you who can't see the "ENTER" button or who have managed to get into the new site but had to create a new account to do so I think we've figured out what's gone wrong. By design the system should have imported your old details BUT for some of you it did not (and we don't really know why but suspect it's nuances with your credentials, spaces, capitals, punctuation, etc). So what you have is a sort of half arsed account without a membership number etc. So, when you come to enter the system does not recognise you as a member.
Here's a potential fix,

• Sign in to https://clubtriumph.ltd
  • Go to your Profile page, then to Settings and then to Access member details
  • Now fill in the form and click to submit, it should pull through your details from the database.
    If there’s an issue it will send details to Keith so he can sort it.