• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mark_spit wrote:

The 2018 withdrawal date for cheeques is no longer valid, but they haven't made much of a fuss about it.
Cheques were only going as long as a suitable alternative could be found.

Yours
Mark

ps Write as many as you can. I work on cheque processing equipment.........

Have found a cheque book... for the headmaster bank account (his wife found it!). Cheque and form are in the post, first class, should be with Jason by Friday! Really hope we get in! ;D

CRAJ wrote:

Not a lot of rarity on this RBRR with a 3ltr V8 estate, how about a pi or 'S' estate, only one of each of those so far ;)

Colin.

Not rare? It's unique! There is/was only ever one factory V8 estate.

Anyway it's not going to be the estate, I was just stirring it.

Thinking of doing it in the Macau.

I've added a direct link to the Blog in my Signature as some of the embedded stuff in there doesn't show up when viewed through the Club Triumph pages.

The payment method does seem to cause a few people some issues (although the 80 odd cheques I've got mean there are still plenty of cheques out there). The issue is one of banking - the club doesn't have on-line servicing for the account, the treasurer is old school and doesn't have a computer however I do not have a paying in book.

Paypal would charge us to receive money and I have no way of knowing if a transfer into the Club's account has gone through OK until I see a statement - this would make on-line payments costly in money and time. We would have to increase the entry fee for those transactions that cost and the time delay for those that don't would mean entrants would not know whether they had been successful or not for about 6 weeks.

If you go into your bank you can get a counter cheque drawn from your account or you could ask a friend/colleague to write you a cheque in exchange for cash/personal transfer.

We will try and figure out a better way - the idea would be some sort of e-commerce solution but again that would cost and put the entry fees up (again). One of the things we want to maintain is the accessibility of the RBRR to tight fisted Triumph owners 0 ie keep the costs down as much as possible.

I'm open to any suggestions or help with an e-commerce solution for next time.

CRAJ wrote:
Jason would it be possible to give you email addresses for co-drivers so that they can receive updates too? I'm sure you operated something like this last time.

Cheers Colin.

I suppose I could although last time I got a significant amount of "feedback" from co-drivers saying they didn't have updates - I have to admit that I was a little direct when I said to some that I can only send updates to people who give me contact info and maybe they might like to talk to their team captain once in a while :-)

Send me your team's email addresses and I'll re-configure the distribution list to include them.

CRAJ wrote:
I was just joking Dave I know you have the only factory car :)

Do you still have the prototype mk1 pi estate? That would be an ideal RBRR car.....oh yeah, you don't do ideal do you.

Still got the prototype PI estate, but no plans to restore it as yet. I currently have my hands full with eight full restorations on the go all at the same time.

Massive thanks to all that entered the RBRR for 2012, still space for some more!!

As I have stated in the RBRR Blog, only 316 days to go at present! I know that the time will flow past so the 'Team' had better get stuck in and sort this event out!!

Many have questioned why we open the event for Entry in November. Its a good question, CT does seem to have a number of events these days and as the magazine is the only CT publication that reaches all members. The November issue is the only time available until May when there is space in the calendar. The January edition is a non starter, every one has over spent at Xmas and needs time to get back on their financial feet!!!

I am dead chuffed that we have 5no. mk1 Pi cars taking part, I realise that I let the side down by still having the old carbs fitted, but 11mpg (James Cooper!!!).

Archived