• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't bite you know, you can knock on the door and say hello, I might even make you a cuppa! We're up to entry No 26 now and I'm waiting for the Postman now, expecting a few entries this morning.
After the initial rush this week I'll do a block acknowledgement and get you all to check your details. I have to say the quality of the handwriting has improved this year, in the passed it's been a struggle to read the scribbles :-)

Jason wrote:
I have to say the quality of the handwriting has improved this year, in the passed it's been a struggle to read the scribbles :-)

Mine should be with you tomorrow hopefully Jason, that might need some deciphering, it's just people's spelling we need to work on now eh? ;)

Colin.

Jason wrote:
I don't bite you know, you can knock on the door and say hello, I might even make you a cuppa! We're up to entry No 26 now and I'm waiting for the Postman now, expecting a few entries this morning.
After the initial rush this week I'll do a block acknowledgement and get you all to check your details. I have to say the quality of the handwriting has improved this year, in the passed it's been a struggle to read the scribbles :-)

I would have knocked but at 0900 on a Sunday may have been too early. I could have done with a cuppa.

thescrapman wrote:
Good to see you have decided to give it a go!

We won't have to bring the spares quite so far next year...  :)

Aye Colin!  Ok if we text you on the way down with a list?  Daresay we'll have broken quite a few things by the time we get to the Plough!!   ;D

3122 wrote:
Form filled in in my co-driver's neatest handwriting... Just struggling to do a check! Do they exist anymore?!

Just about, they were going to be withdrawn as a service next year I think but there were complaints from the few people who still use them so they've kept them but only until 2018 and I bet lots of banks will start making it awkward to get a cheque book without extra charges.

cook1e wrote:

Just about, they were going to be withdrawn as a service next year I think but there were complaints from the few people who still use them so they've kept them but only until 2018 and I bet lots of banks will start making it awkward to get a cheque book without extra charges.

Just rememberd that my codrivers Mums a bursar... Might offer her money in exchange for a check of similar value?

Good luck to all who are taking part, I for one next year will not. Personal reasons really but I am willing to assist in any way I can though, Marshall or whatever is required.

As always I would be willing to sort the spares list out. However I must stipulate that the list is to be with me a week before the RBRR. As I always feel I am bullying people to get their list in within the last few days.

Rob

cook1e wrote:

The 2018 withdrawal date for cheeques is no longer valid, but they haven't made much of a fuss about it.
Cheques were only going as long as a suitable alternative could be found.

Yours
Mark

ps Write as many as you can. I work on cheque processing equipment.........

We talked about this at the committee meetings and wondered what to use next. Paypal was suggested but not sure if it was taken up as I haven't read the magazine yet. As the youngest there they asked me if I had one and my reply was that I have two... I've never had an issue with getting one, they asked if I wanted one and I said yep.

Rob - big shame there. Hopefully you'll be at the next club dinner though?

bobyspit wrote:
Good luck to all who are taking part, I for one next year will not. Personal reasons really but I am willing to assist in any way I can though, Marshall or whatever is required.

As always I would be willing to sort the spares list out. However I must stipulate that the list is to be with me a week before the RBRR. As I always feel I am bullying people to get their list in within the last few days.

Rob

Rob

Perhaps you could arrange the floor show at Lancaster Services.

Martin did a shocking job last year and the "talent" he found was terrible compared with 2008.

There were no grandmothers pretending to be their grand-daughters.

Though up there your likely to be a grandmother by 20, so perhaps no bad thing.... :-)

Like Bobbyspit I also do not plan on running.  Though Ash has entered.  I do plan on comming over but will spend the time with a friend who will also be over frome th states.  I will Marshall if needed.   As for the flow show, I don't think anyone will top the 08 one.  Yes Martin let us down last time but, I thought the floor show was put on by Tim!

thescrapman wrote:

Rob

Perhaps you could arrange the floor show at Lancaster Services.

Martin did a shocking job last year and the "talent" he found was terrible compared with 2008.

There were no grandmothers pretending to be their grand-daughters.

Though up there your likely to be a grandmother by 20, so perhaps no bad thing.... :-)

I’ll have to speak to Martin as the floor show was all his doing, and wow I still cannot get that image out of my mind, like the first DB you see it stays with you forever.
And don’t be cheeky about grandmothers in the north, they are at least 25 years old!

Rob

Ferny, yes I should be at the dinner next year, looking forward to it as I will be collecting a finishers award for a change. (WELL CHUFFED)

I note no-one has been brave enough to enter anything less than a 1300 so far.

Has anyone ever analysed the average engine size of the entries every year since it started??

It is 2192cc for 2012 at the moment.

There will be 162191cc of (mostly! ) Triumph horsepower making it's way round Britain.

Cheers

Colin

Archived