mine will be in the post tonight.

Hope its alright that I've left the codriver section blank as I'm not sure who will be sitting with me yet, but now reading the form this will only put me on the reserve list. :(

As it says "Part completed forms will not guarantee entry..........please do not complete the form using bogus information"
The event is 11 months away, I don't know who is exactly going to be up for doing it with me yet :-/

Looks like I might miss out.......

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for insisting upon full details, before asking for full info. we used to get so many cahnges that it was almost a full time job for us to keep up especially in the last weeks running up to the event-100no entrants etc can make this difficult.

Last time I did get a few RTankards made that had obsolete info upon them, this was simply because we did not have correct info.

I think is important to make note that everyone who has ever wished to take part on the RBRR has done, we have never turned anyone away.

I have put "to be confirmed" as I thought this was better than putting information that may change at a latter date, therefore reducing the chance of incurring extra costs for the organisers, like engraving etc. But If doing it this way means I go on the reserve list maybe I should have just put something in knowing it was wrong.

Apologies for my absence form the form recently, work is a bit hectic and I've been travelling a lot but it's all slowing down again now thankfully. I did indeed get my mag and an entry land together on the doormat yesterday. Peter Jordan and his 2.5 PI Estate from Loughton in Essex are entry No1.

I've had another 23 entries arrive since then, a couple by hand and then a large batch this morning.

I'm working through and processing them now and will get the list up on-line as soon as possible.

Keep 'em coming :-)

Stuart,

Lots of saloons taking part, 5speed TR7s are an ideal car for the event as more comfortable than Spits/older TRs and Heralds-reckon I will get some stick for this comment!!

All,

Looking at the entry as a whole, I reckon we will get about 90 starters.

Jason will start to acknowledge entries soon, as you can imagine this is a onerous task.

At this stage, Charity pledges are more important than car prep. We ask that all crews do their best at this, use either the Sponsor Form that will be sent out or use Virgin Giving, the online site, this is very easy to set up.

We hope to run the Blog again this year, this will be used to present event info to all. I will also send out Bulletins every so often to ensure that all crews are in the loop so to speak.

timbancroft61 wrote:
Stuart,

Lots of saloons taking part, 5speed TR7s are an ideal car for the event as more comfortable than Spits/older TRs and Heralds-reckon I will get some stick for this comment!!

All,

Looking at the entry as a whole, I reckon we will get about 90 starters.

Jason will start to acknowledge entries soon, as you can imagine this is a onerous task.

At this stage, Charity pledges are more important than car prep. We ask that all crews do their best at this, use either the Sponsor Form that will be sent out or use Virgin Giving, the online site, this is very easy to set up.

We hope to run the Blog again this year, this will be used to present event info to all. I will also send out Bulletins every so often to ensure that all crews are in the loop so to speak.

Stick on  its way Tim ;D ;D

Spit was comfortable last year on the RBRR thanks mainly to the MX5 seats, but plan to use a 'proper' car this year, using a 'proper' Triumph V8 in the Stag.

Steve

Ive posted an entry on Saturday,not done it before even though i've had my Vitesse 28 years,no co driver at the moment though so i guess its reserve list.
I plan to do it in my rescued Herald 1360 after its painted,new exhaust,carbs and o/d gearbox fitted..
Steve

Archived