Anyone use the Snagging chart on page 57 of the Roadbook?

Dave and I did, as follows:

Adjust wiper position on spindles
Steering play
Sticky throttle pedal
Bleed brakes (!)
Fit window winders
Passenger seat belt noisey
Fit speedo that works-Have one I bought from Chris Witor.
Noisy gearbox-re-build needed.
Washer jets to be re-postioned
Fit new grommets to engine bay bulkhead.

Lots of these needed to be done before the RBRR!

Anyone else?

Tim

I may never forgive you for including that. It gave me the perfect opportunity to make lots of work for myself.

Fuelling - Needs new Fuel pump (got all the way round with 85psi and a mis-fire), Mk2 tank and it's bigger outlet, do away with swirlpot etc etc maybe evern fit a Bodge conversion......
LH rear indicator stops regularly
new prop has failed, sliding jont again i suspect
rear gearbox mount (may be related to prop woes)
voltage reg has packed up
Alternator very noisy and started to struggle with all the lights on main beam.
knock from rear end on takeup of clutch
stiff clutch pedal that now moans
correct shape of front arch after the tyre "twatted" it on full lock over a bump.

Only the Alternator noise was present before we started, and I thought I had fixed the mis-fire but it came back on way to start.

Cheers

Colin

thescrapman wrote:
Fuelling - Needs new Fuel pump (got all the way round with 85psi and a mis-fire)

Colin,
Well done!
But 85psi?   On Lucas Pi?   I would chekc the pressure gauge, not the pump  I don't belive that Lucas will work at all if the pressure is that low.  
And what about the PRV?  Is that misset?
John

lagerzok wrote:
I drove most of 10 CR in James Shackfords Mk1 PI with between 80 and 90 psi depending on temperature. Went OK up to about 4000.

Mine revved ok to about 3500. but when you lifted off to cruise the gauge would keep flicking down and the car would lurch. I think the pumps / prv's are cavitating and the air is getting back into the pump and causing the drops.

When it was cruising OK it would sometimes creep up to 90psi.

Very odd.

Cheers

Mechanical fuel pump that packed up the day before the start, luckily the leccy one of the stag did such a great job that I might just keep it on.
Replace the crappy delco dissy unless I can find a reliable source of rotor arms.
Hadn't noticed the diff leaking on the event but the howl from it on the way home from the Plough suggests it may be dry!

I will leave our snagging list to Matt as I am only the mechanic.  There is one bit he ius truely happy with and that is the 2500 engine I rebuilt earlier thsi year.  I was happy as it was my first engine rebuild.  the next majot thing to have a go at is a gearbox and overdrive rebuild.  Any help and advice would be appreciated as I would like to do it myself.

Throttle pedal that was harder to depress the further we went.
Disconnected it at work today and lubed with wd40, will see how it is on the way home.
I suspect it's the under bonnet temp. with the CW 6-3-1 that has just  dried it out.

Colin

Alan please find a good home for the Acclaim.The rear st/steel silencer cost £140 alone. God knows the hours I spent welding up the rear arches both inside and out. It was great to see it again. acclaims aren't bad they're just misunderstood.

Cheers,

Jim

Source some new wiper blades, the drivers side kept wanting to permanently visit Scotland and wales!
Restuff front seats

Seriously though, sort out the driveline vibration that kept our speed down on the motorway stretches,  having taken the car up to Faversham Classics today to get a good look underneath it looks like the Diff Nose Extension is knackered, a wheel bearing is shot and  the rear suspension could do with a good rebushing.  Just a few jobs for the winter so the car will be ready for the 10CR again next year

Car 49  Tim Hunt/Pat Barber TR4A

Arriving at the start we noticed a distinct smell of burnt rubber. My immediate though was "This is pants", which proved remarkably prescient. On operning the bonnet (hood, Pat) I soon spotted an errant pair of Calvin Kleins having made intimate contact with the lower part of the car's exhaust manifold. In case you are wondering I waste nothing and when the waist bands eventualy go I demote old pants as excellent cleaning/polishing cloths for the garage. I must have left them on the engine somewhere and not spotted them when I did my final check. It took the first hundred miles or so finally to lose the burning rubber smell.

As for actual snagging I am pleased to report that Dave Langrick's page 57 of the road book remains blank. Once again I completed an RBRR without opening my tool kit. We had only two slight issues, an intermittent cutting out on the approach to Otterburn, quickly diagnosed as a loose LT lead on the coil and a slight coolant leak from the rad core spotted at the Ashburton stop, promptly sorted by the addition of Bar's Leaks and substitition of a lower pressure (4psi) rad cap courtesy of Alex Chandler, Car 34. Roll on 2014 and, DV, my 20th RBRR start in the same car.

Tim Hunt